My new girl
20180105_155101.jpg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C'mon man, I'm working here. My lion's are so friendly, always coming to check me out when I'm working in the tank.

004.jpg

the new reef kid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about the fu Manchu lionfish if you get one what kind of fish and inverts are off limits

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about the fu Manchu lionfish if you get one what kind of fish and inverts are off limits

No shrimp or slender body fish 1/2 the size of the fu. On another note, dwarf lions can be difficult to feed. The fu may be especially difficult, I have never known anyone keep one o these guys long term feeding a dead only diet. They are very difficult if not impossible to wean to dead food long term. Even if they initially take dead foods it likely won't last, or they will not consume enough to maintain. I highly suggest if you plan to get fu, be prepared to feed them a live diet forever, my fu is now over 6 years old.

the new reef kid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No shrimp or slender body fish 1/2 the size of the fu. On another note, dwarf lions can be difficult to feed. The fu may be especially difficult, I have never known anyone keep one o these guys long term feeding a dead only diet. They are very difficult if not impossible to wean to dead food long term. Even if they initially take dead foods it likely won't last, or they will not consume enough to maintain. I highly suggest if you plan to get fu, be prepared to feed them a live diet forever, my fu is now over 6 years old.

Would a full grown tiger snapping shrimp be safe he Is three inches

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a full grown tiger snapping shrimp be safe he Is three inches

He'll be safe. Cleaners, fires, peppermints, all are a wonderful snack for a fu. They are sneaky cool when they hunt though, mine was a rescue that wouldn't eat, so I fed him live. In the beginning I had a fu and fuzzy in a 30g I was nursing back to health, I fed them some live damsels. I watched the fu stalk the one damsel, he watched where he slept. I would watch fu perch in this one spot at night. A couple of mornings later, fu had a big fat belly.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back