Long plate tentacle dying?

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this plate coral for a month and for the last 10 days one of my tomato clowns started hosting in it now today it looks like this is it a goner?
IMG_20200807_132531.jpg

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still has a lot of tissue, definitely not a goner. But you would have to remove the clown or find a way to stop the clown from hosting it.

Maybe cut the top of a 2L bottle, put some holes in it for flow and place it over the coral so it can recover. Thats of course if you don’t have another tank to to move either the coral or clown into. Unless there is a chance it will accept the clown. But I never had a clown host a plate coral.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still has a lot of tissue, definitely not a goner. But you would have to remove the clown or find a way to stop the clown from hosting it.

Maybe cut the top of a 2L bottle, put some holes in it for flow and place it over the coral so it can recover. Thats of course if you don’t have another tank to to move either the coral or clown into. Unless there is a chance it will accept the clown. But I never had a clown host a plate coral.
maybe i will try the coke bottle idea thanks

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question about another coral if anyone can help is this too much flow for this torch coral i just got it today so its only been in there a few hours or should i move it lower?

IMG_20200807_145513.jpg

Natefank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the plate coral does "die" leave it in there, there seems to be a ton of info that it will sprout babies, but it may take a couple months

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back