Looking to pic up Slr

coralguy89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone. Have. A way they point me to get an avg Slr nikon or cannon then then what kinda of micro lens would I need prices and help please

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5-7 with a lens is a tough one. I have a Nikon d90 that I got used on ebay for 800 a couple of years ago. I think that Nikon has a few new cameras that would be in that range without the lens. I haven't checked but they have a 5000 line that should fall right in there. Maybe you could go to a real camera store and tell them you just want the body and the lens. Give them your price range and see if they will help. Here local we have Bedfords. They are great at beating prices. Heck they even price matched a used camera on eBay for me :) do you never know what you can get sometimes. I went to a local photography meeting and the speaker said "Never pay retail" and since then I haven't :)

Sorry. I'm tired and I ramble. I love Nikon other people love canon. Your best bet would be to get with someone that has a camera and mess with it to see if it's what you want.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Macro lens alone is going to cost you $400-$700, depending on which lens you get and if you're able to find a good deal on a used lens.

data_loss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a D3100 as my first dslr. It is a good starter camera. I already wish I would have gone with the D5100 though.

I've yet to pick up a decent macro lens. I've been trying to find a used Tamron 90mm. They are hard to come by though. In the meantime I picked up some extension tubes which allow me to take some really nice shots up closer to the glass. They will also come in handy for when I do get a macro lens.

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a d3000 for a little bit and once I got my d90 I quickly realized how much else I could do. I loved my d3000 until ingot ahold of something better.

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the "extensions tubes" that was mentioned earlier are the things that screw onto a lens and act like a magnifying glass from my understanding.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 26.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back