OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im tapping out for the night and will finish the teardown in the morning. Just about 20 gallons of water left plus the sand bed to remove. Kept a pump and heater running for the night.

Im sure my place is gonna smell like low tide when I wake up but I’ve scraped the glass of anything above the remaining water line. The empty overflow box is the only thing that might give off a smell.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure my place is gonna smell like low tide when I wake up but I’ve scraped the glass of anything above the remaining water line. The empty overflow box is the only thing that might give off a smell.

I love that smell. I guess I can blame growing up fishing in the salt water creeks and flats with my dad. Every time I go down to the beach, I have to roll the windows down when I get to the Little River and just take in the smells. Or, stick my head in the sump and take in a big whiff, lol.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that smell. I guess I can blame growing up fishing in the salt water creeks and flats with my dad. Every time I go down to the beach, I have to roll the windows down when I get to the Little River and just take in the smells. Or, stick my head in the sump and take in a big whiff, lol.
Meant to ask how the beach house fared through both those vicious storms?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meant to ask how the beach house fared through both those vicious storms?
Thanks for asking.

Florence Knocked out the neutral wire coming into the meter box from the pole. House still had power, but everything was going thru the ground rod and not returning thru the neutral like it's supposed to... Dad killed the main breaker and called Santee Cooper and let them know. We never had any water in the yard and no wind damage to the actual house. Most of the damage and destruction was in NC from floods because of all the rainfall. We had a bunch here in SC too but not near as bad as NC got it.

With how weak Michael was when it went over my place, I doubt you would have even noticed it was anything other than a storm front pushing thru at the coast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's everything look today?
Everythings doing fairly well Id say. All fish except my Melanrus Wrasse have been sighted today though the Yellow Tang is quite peeved!

All the coral i moved to another system is doing good. What I put in more of holding tub/tank type setups is unknown. Need to get the lights going on them still.

Lost most of my digitata colonies in the process but i expected that. Wasnt about to start glueing frags so i tossed most of it.

Have the old tank full of fresh water and vinegar running both Gyre pumps for a cleaning. Figure ill scrape the glass every few hours til its clean.

Me thinks its just about time for a reward so Im debating on which Glen to call. Fiddich or Levitt.... decisions decisions

image.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back