Made a Photon V2 Schedule Spreadsheet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I have the Photon V2 and have been working on getting them dialed in. I have not been happy with any of the existing spreadsheets out there so I took the one from the ReefBreeders FAQ section of the site and modified it to my liking.

Here is a link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jDssjmXctFATuW-GCDkVtZbm3-HgCcOv1U5YcPyiDJ0/edit?usp=sharing

The first sheet (tab) is the unmodified spreadsheet that is on the ReefBreeders website. The second sheet (tab) titled Custom Schedule is what I added.

Along the top is the "lighting standard". These are the max settings that everything else is based off of. This should be the settings you are working towards, or even just a ratio of intensities that produce a color you like.

Below that is the "scaling factor". This applies the scaling factor to the lighting standard for every time slot in the schedule. Then at the end of every time slot row is what I call the Transition Scaling. This allows you to scale the intensity of the light throughout the day. This is for doing a sunrise and sunset or any other kind of transition you want.

Right now I have the permissions set to comment only, but if you want to use this you can go to File>Make a Copy and make a copy in your own google drive. OR you can download it as an excel file by going to File>Download as>Microsoft Excel.

Hope this is helpful!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I have the Photon V2 and have been working on getting them dialed in. I have not been happy with any of the existing spreadsheets out there so I took the one from the ReefBreeders FAQ section of the site and modified it to my liking.

Here is a link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jDssjmXctFATuW-GCDkVtZbm3-HgCcOv1U5YcPyiDJ0/edit?usp=sharing

The first sheet (tab) is the unmodified spreadsheet that is on the ReefBreeders website. The second sheet (tab) titled Custom Schedule is what I added.

Along the top is the "lighting standard". These are the max settings that everything else is based off of. This should be the settings you are working towards, or even just a ratio of intensities that produce a color you like.

Below that is the "scaling factor". This applies the scaling factor to the lighting standard for every time slot in the schedule. Then at the end of every time slot row is what I call the Transition Scaling. This allows you to scale the intensity of the light throughout the day. This is for doing a sunrise and sunset or any other kind of transition you want.

Right now I have the permissions set to comment only, but if you want to use this you can go to File>Make a Copy and make a copy in your own google drive. OR you can download it as an excel file by going to File>Download as>Microsoft Excel.

Hope this is helpful!
nice work! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
re76

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the values suggested for SPS on the first tab. It is pretty close to the 20k settings that are recommended at the top of that page.

blazedmasta

The Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using that same spreadsheet. Can anybody post par settings for the recommended sps settings? My lights are sitting about 5 inches from water tank is 17 1/2 deep. I would like to know the par on top of water and sand. What's the ideal par ratings for a SPS dominated tank?

killerkukoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had good luck with your custom schedule? i just set mine up to mirror yours. ill have a mixed tank. but im 11" off the water surface on a 24" deep tank

OP
OP
re76

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had good luck with your custom schedule? i just set mine up to mirror yours. ill have a mixed tank. but im 11" off the water surface on a 24" deep tank

It has been working well for me so far. I am increasing the "scaling factor" percent by about 5% every 3-4 days. I am up to 55% now, which is reflected in my custom schedule. My goal is to get the blue/UV channels up around 70%. Right now I am at 44% during peak hours, so a ways to go still.

No corals are visibly complaining yet.

I run a mixed reef as well and struggle with flow much more than I do with light.

AJQ69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the V2 have hour increments or half hour like the original version? I just got my v2-16 and did not see that option in the custom section:(

douglasbick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Here is a link:

Hope this is helpful!

Do you know settings for a 24" deep?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back