Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My name is Manuel and I currently live in Caldwell Idaho. Just purchased a used setup and I would like to share it with you all. But first, here is the rundown.

I started the hobby back in 2013, when I was living in College Station Texas for my first two years of undergrad. I was driven to saltwater fish after a scuba diving adventure I had in Thailand, when our ship pulled in to port (6 years Navy). In Texas, I met a local reefer who took me under his wing and showed me the ropes. Texas wasn't for me so I transferred to the University of Oregon, where I finished my undergraduate degree. I broke down the tank and vowed to setup once again after I purchased my home. I moved to Idaho to attend Law School. We bought a house last year. I started a staff attorney position in October. Then I found the right deal on Facebook marketplace so I pulled the trigger.

This whole time I've been in contact with my friend from Texas. Even after so many years, he is still willing to geek out with me over aquarium stuff. Big shout out to Jonathan Coursey from College Station Texas. He's been giving me some pointers on how to bet back in. We are making sure we do things right this time around.

I found a used 300 gallon setup. It measures 72x36x27. The previous owner build his own stand and canopy. The tank came with an eshopps ADV300 sump, Reef Octopus classic INT-150, BNIB 4 pump Doser, Jebao return pump, 3 aquatic life 14" LED units, custom 2 bulb T5 unit, about 300 lbs of rock, about 300 lbs of sand, BNIB UV sterilizer, bio-pellet reactor, ATO, the list goes on.

Since purchasing the aquarium, I have additionally acquired the following:
2 MP40s new, 1 maxspect gyre XF350 with controller, maxspect return pump rated around 2500gph, 5 stage RODI unit from BRS, GHL Profilux 4e used, orange PVC plumbing. Really, all I need now to start with the basics are the salt and heaters.

Made a deal with the wife that if she let me put in such a large aquarium, I would put in new floors in our home. She accepted. Truth is, I wouldn't have put the tank on carpet regardless.

I plan on having the tank be as automated as possible. Going to go heavy with the GHL products. Additionally, I will be setting up an external fish room using a storage shed from Home Depot.

Wow. Just realized I'm starting to turn this into a build thread. I will stop here. Anyhow, Greetings from Idaho. Hope you all have patience for me because I have tons of questions.
Hello and welcome to the channel.

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My name is Manuel and I currently live in Caldwell Idaho. Just purchased a used setup and I would like to share it with you all. But first, here is the rundown.

I started the hobby back in 2013, when I was living in College Station Texas for my first two years of undergrad. I was driven to saltwater fish after a scuba diving adventure I had in Thailand, when our ship pulled in to port (6 years Navy). In Texas, I met a local reefer who took me under his wing and showed me the ropes. Texas wasn't for me so I transferred to the University of Oregon, where I finished my undergraduate degree. I broke down the tank and vowed to setup once again after I purchased my home. I moved to Idaho to attend Law School. We bought a house last year. I started a staff attorney position in October. Then I found the right deal on Facebook marketplace so I pulled the trigger.

This whole time I've been in contact with my friend from Texas. Even after so many years, he is still willing to geek out with me over aquarium stuff. Big shout out to Jonathan Coursey from College Station Texas. He's been giving me some pointers on how to bet back in. We are making sure we do things right this time around.

I found a used 300 gallon setup. It measures 72x36x27. The previous owner build his own stand and canopy. The tank came with an eshopps ADV300 sump, Reef Octopus classic INT-150, BNIB 4 pump Doser, Jebao return pump, 3 aquatic life 14" LED units, custom 2 bulb T5 unit, about 300 lbs of rock, about 300 lbs of sand, BNIB UV sterilizer, bio-pellet reactor, ATO, the list goes on.

Since purchasing the aquarium, I have additionally acquired the following:
2 MP40s new, 1 maxspect gyre XF350 with controller, maxspect return pump rated around 2500gph, 5 stage RODI unit from BRS, GHL Profilux 4e used, orange PVC plumbing. Really, all I need now to start with the basics are the salt and heaters.

Made a deal with the wife that if she let me put in such a large aquarium, I would put in new floors in our home. She accepted. Truth is, I wouldn't have put the tank on carpet regardless.

I plan on having the tank be as automated as possible. Going to go heavy with the GHL products. Additionally, I will be setting up an external fish room using a storage shed from Home Depot.

Wow. Just realized I'm starting to turn this into a build thread. I will stop here. Anyhow, Greetings from Idaho. Hope you all have patience for me because I have tons of questions.
Welcome!

whale GIF

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back