MAXI Doser discontinued

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GHL has shot themselves in the foot by not communicating. It’s 90% their fault 10% covid the only thing they deserve is a swift kick in the rear.

As if it's a problem to say positive things about something.

If I recall, you have had a negative view of GHL for quite a while. You are welcomed to your opinion but don't drag others for remaining positive.

They haven't shot themselves in the foot, they owe YOU nothing sir.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
German companies have their own way of operating, and "fluff" style communication is never the strong suit, nor really cared about imo. They don't respond to emotional posts, or even general mud slinging like some of the NA business sphere seems to thrive on. It's not just this hobby, the watercooling manufacturers operate in the same general manner, the optics guys for astronomy, etc. It's a very reserved, methodical way of operating; they only say something when there is something to say.

For the Maxi, I would figure it's probably got something to do with the caps not being up to snuff. I've come across the tubing split issue on two heads now, whatever OEM they were sourcing them from is obviously not providing what quality they promised.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As if it's a problem to say positive things about something.

If I recall, you have had a negative view of GHL for quite a while. You are welcomed to your opinion but don't drag others for remaining positive.

They haven't shot themselves in the foot, they owe YOU nothing sir.
They owe me an item I purchase from them to be fully functional and not get accused of something that is their fault.

For instance, the Maxi Doser, I bought two. Both have had the lines split. On the first time it happened I contacted the customer support system that they have and I was told it was likely a snail or sand that got in the line. Since the line was clearly split from the outside in. Neither is possible as I run a bare bottom and none of my snails which are the size of a quarter would ever fit in the tubing. They were provided clear pictures and really they came off arrogant and foolish. Now many others have seen this same line split problem... Yea, they could at the very least offer an apology and have been willing to replace the line that split. But nope, they are silent as always.

Bad support.. Yea that’s what I got.. Nope they don’t owe me anything. But I’m also not going to give them a free ride so next time you feel like BLOWING the GHL horn in support of them there are others who will post negatively just the same.

I didn’t drag you into this posting about GHL discontinuing an item. You chose to post in it. No one asked for your flowery “GHL is great”. Report. You volunteered it, yes, there are others that disagree. GHL isn’t the great product you claim it is. And there support system is ridiculous.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
German companies have their own way of operating, and "fluff" style communication is never the strong suit, nor really cared about imo. They don't respond to emotional posts, or even general mud slinging like some of the NA business sphere seems to thrive on. It's not just this hobby, the watercooling manufacturers operate in the same general manner, the optics guys for astronomy, etc. It's a very reserved, methodical way of operating; they only say something when there is something to say.

For the Maxi, I would figure it's probably got something to do with the caps not being up to snuff. I've come across the tubing split issue on two heads now, whatever OEM they were sourcing them from is obviously not providing what quality they promised.
As for German companies operating in the US. BMW, Porsche etc have all learned how to work and keep all thier customers happy world wide. GHL could learn but they choose not to.

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a GHL fan and very disappointed that they not only are discontinuing a product, but NOT supporting those of us who bought these.

Only good news is Neptune is supporting it with their DOS heads that are identical to the GHL head.

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a GHL fan and very disappointed that they not only are discontinuing a product, but NOT supporting those of us who bought these.

Only good news is Neptune is supporting it with their DOS heads that are identical to the GHL head.

20210126_143350.jpg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are partly correct, but the larger issue is that they typically feel superior and therefore see our constant questioning as an annoyance. For instance with the Ion Director delays we were looked at as a bunch of kids in the back seat asking if we are there yet. I have worked with Germans and when they are speaking to one another they will clearly state what they are thinking but when asked by American Techs they just say that they are working on it. It's not until a senior manager comes in and basically lets them know we are pulling the plug very soon, do you suddenly start to hear what the issues are and when they will be fixed.

Last edited:

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to add:

The Maxi is not counted as a discontinued product, the issue lies with the availability of the pump head and it's quality control from the supplier.

As others have stated, use the pump head from the DOS unit, it's almost essentially the same, but you'll likely want to recalibrate since the roller count is two rather than GHL's three.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what the truth about the Maxi is, but discontinued product does not mean discontinued support/consumables.

GHL has not sold v1.0 or v2.0 dosers for a number of years, but you can still buy replacement parts/heads. Who is to say that they won’t do the same for the maxi?

Equally, for those of you who’ve been interested in Ghl for long enough may remember the PII to PIII upgrade route. Perhaps if there are to be changes to the maxi, who’s to say there might not be an upgrade route for current owners?

This whole thread, including my answer, is speculation. I would advise no one to jump to any conclusions until there’s an announcement from GHL.

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no replacement parts for the GHL Maxi. No eta for when there will be any. So right now it is not supported.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no replacement parts for the GHL Maxi. No eta for when there will be any. So right now it is not supported.
Thats not entirely true, I picked up two of the three available Maxi pump motors just yesterday from GHL USA. I didn't inquire about any other parts such as the main control board. More may be available out of Germany.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a link to the ghl announcement to confirm this?

Either way, unavailability of parts for general sale does not mean an item is discontinued or unsupported.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it makes it untrue. Period.
We've been able to confirm the GHL pump heads aren't available, that's why I used "not entirely true."

I have faith that GHL will will find a solution for the supply issue for the Maxi just as they did for the Ion Director.

Looking forward to the Ion Director within the next few months. Using it to test for Nitrate is going to be a big deal for people who are looking into using carbon dosing to keep those values low.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, GHL has not announced anything, why? Really at this point I don’t care. After going more than a year of no Maxi’s a rather large vendor told me they are discontinued. So I shared it. GHL has been asked several times about it’s status and they are silent. So anything and everything is pure speculation.

Second, ION... who cares.. this topic is Maxi doser. The Ion will come out when GHL releases it. Speculating tomorrow, two months or 3 years from now is foolish. No one really knows, not even GHL.

Third, the Neptune head is NOT identical. It has a two roller configuration where the Maxi is a three roller configuration. They use identical parts it’s just the configuration is different.

Last, NO ONE here, me, sntmods, Robby or anyone else can say anything is factual regarding GHL products because none of us work for GHL. So ignore anyone who posts info such as “it’s a supply issue” or “a parts issue” because they really don’t know, me included. I only quoted what I was told by a vendor.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, GHL has not announced anything, why? Really at this point I don’t care. After going more than a year of no Maxi’s a rather large vendor told me they are discontinued. So I shared it. GHL has been asked several times about it’s status and they are silent. So anything and everything is pure speculation.

Second, ION... who cares.. this topic is Maxi doser. The Ion will come out when GHL releases it. Speculating tomorrow, two months or 3 years from now is foolish. No one really knows, not even GHL.

Third, the Neptune head is NOT identical. It has a two roller configuration where the Maxi is a three roller configuration. They use identical parts it’s just the configuration is different.

Last, NO ONE here, me, sntmods, Robby or anyone else can say anything is factual regarding GHL products because none of us work for GHL. So ignore anyone who posts info such as “it’s a supply issue” or “a parts issue” because they really don’t know, me included. I only quoted what I was told by a vendor.
Your comments may be speculation.

I'm a GHL Reseller, my information is factual, comes directly from GHL USA, it's a parts supplier issue.

Ion Director is being Beta Tested and the current expected shipping date is by the end of this next month for the first units. That may change but it's currently scheduled for that.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm a GHL Reseller, my information is factual, comes directly from GHL USA, it's a parts supplier issue.

Ion Director is being Beta Tested and the current expected shipping date is by the end of this next month for the first units. That may change but it's currently scheduled for that.
And you’re not under a NDA with that info?

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NDA for what? Confirming the shipping dates GHL last announced publicly?

Or for stating it's a parts supply issue?

This entire thread exists without fact or proof and is on "hearsay"
I believe that's been covered multiple times, but thanks for pointing it out again.:rolleyes:

GHL hasn't been saying anything specific. They have been completely quite regarding the Maxi Dosers. As for the ION no one from GHL has stated anything publicly on a specific shipping date either. Yet this guy claims he knows everything and is stating FACTS. Do you think that GHL wants it's dealers blabbing inside info before they have had a chance to announce it?

I'm just guessing that GHL has NDAs for all it's beta testers & Dealers and that no specific ship date has been set. So by him stating that he's likely in violation of an NDA. But if you read what I wrote I'm asking if he's under an NDA, not accusing him of violating it. Since I don't know the terms of any of GHL's NDAs I can only ask.

Also now we now why sntmods is such a fan of GHL he has skin in the game. He sells the product so he pushes it. It's reasonable to assume that since he sells it he wants to make money off of the positive reputation he pushes. Typical behavior of anyone who shills products on this board. "Buy this great product".. Disregard anything people that have actually bought the product and had to deal with GHL customer support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back