Mollies

edmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay i have a q when u convert mollies into saltwater can they still get ick ? Or its not worth the headache?

OP
OP
edmond

edmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oo okay i think ill take him out i dont feel like dealing with ich

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He can't have it yet, because he's still in freshwater. He can get it once he's in saltwater and someone "gives" it to him. He's clean as a whistle, right now.

Last edited:

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1332ee8d7a17fe26c97fd9400de4e6a1.jpg

No ich here

OP
OP
edmond

edmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks im hoping mine will make it trough its just been a day no eating yet
18a96139117ea7ca1997bdf3b88c5ee5.jpg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be careful when acclimating mollies to salt, I've had good results been every one of my friends report getting ich when acclimating to salt. I would acclimate them in a qt tank and keep them there as you would any new introductions. Then after 3-4 weeks of being healthy introduce them into your display.

OP
OP
edmond

edmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks hes in the dt and started to eat ill keep a eye on it

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tub full of them.. I started with 2 males that i purchased and they had already been converted to salt.. Then I purchased 3 females ,and converted to salt . Since that time (approximately 3 months ago ), they have produced babies twice.. The first clutch was 16, and the most recent so far (I first noticed them yesterday) was 5,but my dumb damsel ate them .. So honestly, there may have been more this time also..

But mine never picked up ich, none of them including the babies.. Which the babies to grow pretty fast (at least compared to Bangai cardinals).. They are cool little filler fish in a tub or a look down type of setup/environment..

And I feed mine spirulina20, or nori.. But they simply go nuts over and grow the best it seems on the 20.. I also noticed today, a few trying to tackle a seaweed extreme 1mm pellet..

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have other fish?
In the tub, yes.. A powder brown Tang, a blue damsel (ugh), and an Algea Blenny. The tub is my "fattening up and hatching" vessel.. Then, they go to the display for final home..

In the display, I have a yellow Tang, Pink tail Trigger, Fox face, Arch Eye Hawk, neon dotty back, blue mandarin, and two Bangai cardinals..

OP
OP
edmond

edmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would he get it if the system is ick free ?

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not saying it would, but it could. Unless you actively treat a fish for ich, it could be carrying it unseen. If there were no other fish in the tank and the tank had been fallow for a long time, he would not be able to get it in there ever. That was more my point. If there were no fish in there and the tank was fallow long enough, the Molly would never be able to get it (unless introduced after the fact. If you have other fish in there that has never been treated for ich, even if you have never seen it on them, the Molly could theoretically get it. They seem to get it pretty easily if it's in the tank.

It happened to me that way.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back