MP10ES VS MP10wes

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the diffrence between the es and the W es? Is it worth it to buy one? I plane on buying atleast one more for my 24x24x24?

NaClCrocodile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan on having communication, buy the wireless. I'm still not convinced that I really want them to communicate personally. If the new Nutrient Export mode is important to you, then wireless is the only way to go, although you'll need more than one and preferably three to get the maximum potential lol. One VorTech is ballin. Two is a status symbol. Three is nuts.

On a tank <120G that is.

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, it would only be going on a 24x24x24 i think thats a 60g, What is the nutrian export thing?

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan on having communication, buy the wireless. I'm still not convinced that I really want them to communicate personally. If the new Nutrient Export mode is important to you, then wireless is the only way to go, although you'll need more than one and preferably three to get the maximum potential lol. One VorTech is ballin. Two is a status symbol. Three is nuts.

On a tank <120G that is.

Also wouldn't it be easer to sync them?

NaClCrocodile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutrient Export, I think it knocks detritus off/up with a series of pulses, then goes full which is supposed to get it in the water column to be taken to the sump. With a third pump it creates a large undertow which brings it right to the overflow. It's cool, no doubt, but I just don't know if it's worth it.

Edit:
Oh yes, you can't sync the regular ES, only the wireless ES.

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price is 40 dollars to get wireless i think i go wireless. I mean i dont have to use it if i have it right? Lastly Do you think 2 or maybe 3 mp10's will do the job in a 24x24x24? I'm also hoping to be able to creat a little wave Maybe pending how the coral deal with it.

Reefsurfing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not 100% sure but if your running multiple units they can create a better crossflow in the tank by timing 2 together rather than 1 unit. I am sure this is beneficial on tanks 100+ anything less it might be overkill if your doing a 40W es. For 10's 45-70 gallons might make sense to have 2 mp10's but I would rather the one 40. I think the pulsing of the MP's can take care of any dead spots imho.

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two mp10's w Es for my 20g holding tank. I have them on 70% and I'm not impressed that much I feel like no matter what I do I can't get a nice wave. The only reason I'm going to keep them over my tunze nanos isspace and there a little more controllable. They will be put on my new 30-30-24 one on each side on reef crest. I might add a Mp40w es as a master on on side and move one on the back. As of right now there ok but I have only hadabout a hour to tinker with them so we will see

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 40w ES units on my 300 gallon, and I can tell you the ES is worth every penny, IMO.

What you need to know, however, is for the two Eco-Smart modes to be effective, you need at least one unit on the back of the tank. This per the Vortech ES owner's manual. You actually designate in the Master/Slave setup, which pump is the master, which is opposite the master, and which pump is on the back glass.

With the ES units you can also control the length of night mode, how strong the pump runs off the backup battery, and other things.

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What one goes on the back a slave?

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What one goes on the back a slave?

Yup...master pump is on the side glass, all others are slave, but the back glass designation only comes into play in the Eco-Smart Modes. In any other mode the back pump is just another slave. The designation is because the Eco-Smart modes have differing flow patterns for back vs side pumps.

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your saying in reefcrest I should have one on the back glass (slave). Then the master on either side?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 149 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back