Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Richard Severns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's pic of mine with day lights on, it's a 4ft 150g,does anybody need any branching gorgonian,it grows like a weed
20190830_171457.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
1570670014995.png

1570670057054.png

1570670091218.png

ReeferKC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's pic of mine with day lights on, it's a 4ft 150g,does anybody need any branching gorgonian,it grows like a weed
20190830_171457.jpg
Wow that’s a nice tank!! I would like a pice of gorgonian, where are you located?

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a busy month so just a few quick shots for update! Sorry for the pics darkness but I was just using my cell and feeding the tank.

Advancements to date:

1) Big news is my beautiful RBTA split on 10/24, and they are both now doing very well!!
2) My water parameters are rock solid and I am having a hard time controlling the growth.
3) The Nirvana Paly's have absolutely taken off and quadrupled...maybe some trade opportunities soon as our frag tank wont be up in time before I will need to thin the bunch.
4) all the Zoas are healthy, and we successfully ensured their health. No Pox or disease of any kind. All have grown and multiplied.
5) THe small Duncans we got in August are now very large and both heads are spawning 2 new heads..another few months and that will have grown into a nice specimen.
6) The Mocha clowns are fat and happy...might even be showing some interest in the RBTA near them.
7) The ware coral is growing onto the sand and is showing growth.
8) mushrooms are splitting.

Setbacks:

1) Added a 6 line since I had an explosion of anthropods (very healthy tank). After talking with Sean we thought he would be tough enough against the clowns...nope. They killed him in 2 days ugh!

All in all this is one of the fastest growing tanks I have had over the years. I certainly attribute the patience in initial setup, and definitely the Kessil A360X as a vast improvement over my old antiquated LED from years past. I also have grown very fond of having a Seneye reef probe in the tank as well as my Apex, the NH3 and NH4 real time readings certainly give me an good indication of any early warnings....and has helped me keep my PH very steady. Yes, I also spot check with Red Sea test kits and hanna checkers, but that is every week or so.

Cheers all!

20191029_175745.jpg 20191029_175753.jpg 20191029_175801.jpg 20191029_175813.jpg

Richard Severns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s a nice tank!! I would like a pice of gorgonian, where are you located?
Hey sorry missed this post, I live in Parsons, we got hit pretty hard with the storms, lost power Saturday at130,came back on Sunday night, got water back today, how big a piece would you want, I can cut and let it be healing
Yes. That phrase is for inside our heads only.

Usually out loud we just say “what do you mean to many? They’ll all fit!”

I glue my frags to frags, back wall, upside down. Don’t matter. Single frag rack, I think not!

On a serious note. Take your time acclimating. If it’s going to get over whelming with the time allotted, reach out to a friend of lfs and see if you can temp house some until you get time to set them up how you want them.

I too sometimes over buy, I mean, get sent lots of extra frags for free, if anyone asks. Usually takes close to a week before I start seeing my alk get to a range where I need to intervene.

Couple water changes might soften the process too.
Hey sorry I missed this we got hit by the storms, everything ok just had to run on generator for a while, I live in Parsons, Decatur Co, I can cut u what ever size u want, just let me know something

ReeferKC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey sorry missed this post, I live in Parsons, we got hit pretty hard with the storms, lost power Saturday at130,came back on Sunday night, got water back today, how big a piece would you want, I can cut and let it be healing

Hey sorry I missed this we got hit by the storms, everything ok just had to run on generator for a while, I live in Parsons, Decatur Co, I can cut u what ever size u want, just let me know something
Dam sorry to here about the black out! On Saturday we had a blackout too I ran to petco and got me two batterie air pumps. Lucky power was out for only 3 hours. So now I’m going to invest in a generator I have to much in my tank to let it all die in a blackout. But so I was thinking maybe a 5x5in peace.

Richard Severns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dam sorry to here about the black out! On Saturday we had a blackout too I ran to petco and got me two batterie air pumps. Lucky power was out for only 3 hours. So now I’m going to invest in a generator I have to much in my tank to let it all die in a blackout. But so I was thinking maybe a 5x5in peace.
Know all about bat air pump, they got my freshwater tanks through, I should be able to get u a piece close to that size, definitely that long, maybe not that wide, they're pretty long definitely need a pruning, try to get tonight when I get off work

ReeferKC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Know all about bat air pump, they got my freshwater tanks through, I should be able to get u a piece close to that size, definitely that long, maybe not that wide, they're pretty long definitely need a pruning, try to get tonight when I get off work
Okay cool no rush!

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 76 43.9%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 49 28.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back