My Rodi Water TDS

AtticusPutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have A 75 gpd RODI system, the water coming out of it is a consistent 0 tds, but my tds meter says the water coming in is only 2 tds. I was wondering if the number is accurate, and if it was if I don't need to use the RODI system at all and just condition the water?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does your tap water come from and what type of plumbing do you have in the house?

To test the meter - take litre of RO water - test - put in some very small amounts of salt (aquarium or table salt) - The meter should react - if not - it can be broken.

Sincerely Lasse

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where is the incoming water being measured? do you have inline sensors or a handheld. if inline is the sensor located at the beginning or is it between the ro and the di stage. at 2ppm tds I'm guessing the sensor is between the ro and the di stage.

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I really is depended on how old that tds meter is and if it is calibrated correctly. Totally possible that the tds is correct but I would personally verify with a hand held if you could to check. Good news here is the tds is so low your filters will last you forever!!! Where I live tds is around 675 so lot more money poured into filters. I would say yes keep it as the maintenance cost with that level of tds would be low. That tds you don't know what it is made of and wouldn't want that in your tank!! Some will disagree and say they run 1 to 2 tds in their tanks just my humble opinion of keeping 0 tds is one less thing I have to worry about.

Jenuvio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your TDS is 100 - 98%(RO Membrane removal) = 2TDS.

I would keep the RODI setup. 2TDS can be full of silicate and phosphate

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back