Nauti Tank 75g Build

The aggression scale, according to Live aquaria the whip fin min tank size is 55. And the red velvet is 90 and maybe would make it into a future upgrade 😁
Well that’s definitely wrong for the whip. They get big
 
Ok Folks, I’m a couple days overdue for an update. Please don’t flog me… not too thoroughly anyway in the off chance I like it..

I got 2 flood coats on the top of the stand and one in the bottom for the sump to make the surface planar. Next up add the trim, cut holes for plumbing and paint.

IMG_5096.jpeg

Somewhere in the mix i got the form for my floor support set up under the house. Mixed and pured the concrete with some rebar in there. I wanted 4-5ā€ but only got about 3-1/2 to 4ā€ with the 16 bags of 60lb concrete. Story of my life… Aaaanyway it will do, now I have a pretty solid base to build some extremely overbuilt structure out of some dunnage that I have a ton of because I work in construction on a site with 6 pretty large steel buildings going up so it was free and you cant put a price on pieces of mind (or something like that).

IMG_5099.jpeg


Also you can see here that I set some of said 4x4s down in the concrete so they would have full contact and spread the load well. If you zoom in you will see that I did not finish the concrete very well, it is below the house and nobody is going to be looking at it like a peace āœŒļø of art.

Mothers day we went and got donuts, spent time out in the yard with the kids and Let mom take a nap. Flipped three compost piles. Somehow I also managed to finish this rustic, somewhat similar style raised bed as the house.

IMG_5101.jpeg


As my kids would say ā€œrainboneā€

IMG_5102.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Progress this weekend:
-Played with fire
IMG_5252.jpeg


Pulled the form off the concrete floor support pad. I’m not winning any awards for this concrete pour but it will definitely do what I need.
IMG_5254.jpeg


Got the new outlets wired up. I still need to dress the romex under the house and wired into the main panel but the hard part is done. These 2 new circuits will be powered by two 20A circuit breakers.
IMG_5257.jpeg

The old outlet needs to be replaced with a dual function outlet still.

Goat stew, yummy in my tummy šŸ˜„
IMG_5258.png
 
Last edited:
What guage romex did you use? (White or yellow?)
 
Perfect.
Apparently nec prohibits 12/3 for 2 independent circuits anymore. Something about potentially overloading the nuetral wire if the phases aren't loaded correctly In panel. I guess there isn't much expectation of common sense anymore. I'm not up to date, on code, anymore but was surprised about that one
 
Soooo I did a thing.
IMG_5343.png
IMG_5344.png
IMG_5345.png
They shipped today and should be here tomorrow. Also I got the flow bundle from the last post.
Those 24K are not light hungry. Keep it lower in the tank, maybe partially shaded.
 
The aggression scale, according to Live aquaria the whip fin min tank size is 55. And the red velvet is 90 and maybe would make it into a future upgrade 😁
Red velvet on marine collectors says 50g I wonder what’s up with the difference
 
I am overdue for an update.
Got some gaps filled, paint on and the trim finished
IMG_5374.jpeg

First full coat of paint finished.
IMG_5419.jpeg

What the hail! When I got home yesterday, there was this pile of hail at the bottoms of all my downspouts šŸ˜‚ and my front porch is between 24-30ā€ high.
IMG_5415.jpeg

But also this.
IMG_5418.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

Thanks for the hat Daniel šŸ‘Œ I wore it to work today. @DanyL do you know Daniel’s handle on here I’d like to thank him for the hat.
 
I am overdue for an update.
Got some gaps filled, paint on and the trim finished
IMG_5374.jpeg

First full coat of paint finished.
IMG_5419.jpeg

What the hail! When I got home yesterday, there was this pile of hail at the bottoms of all my downspouts šŸ˜‚ and my front porch is between 24-30ā€ high.
IMG_5415.jpeg

But also this.
IMG_5418.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

Thanks for the hat Daniel šŸ‘Œ I wore it to work today. @DanyL do you know Daniel’s handle on here I’d like to thank him for the hat.
Dang I’m jealous, now I want a Hat too!

Congrats on your build, it’s coming up looking great :)

Last time I seen Daniel here he used this handle (@danlu_gt), but it seems like he wasn’t active here for a couple of years now.

​

 
Dang I’m jealous, now I want a Hat too!

Congrats on your build, it’s coming up looking great :)

Last time I seen Daniel here he used this handle (@danlu_gt), but it seems like he wasn’t active here for a couple of years now.

​

Thanks for checking it out! I have seen you around a lot of the reefi threads and you seem like a really well read and helpful person.
I remember seeing somewhere where you shared your lighting programming, do you remember where (I wanna say @Miami Reef ’s thread where he was deciding on a light fixture. looks better than the heavy blue these things come with at least for the day time, I like the full spectrum look and the blue for sunrise/sunset. I will probably get a couple quanta bars to supplement at some point.
 
Hey!

This was the thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/light-recommendations-needed-i’m-picky-about-spectrums.1110891/

I fricking love my Reefis. My tank has never been better. I think I’m pushing 600 par now. These lights are so powerful.

I personally use the cool and warm white channels to add white because they fill out the greens, yellows, and reds. I very much dislike the amber channel. šŸ‘Ž

Lime is very nice, but mine is currently at 0. I might add some tomorrow because I actually like that channel a lot. It brings out the fish’s colors and adds a sunny look to the tank.
 
Hey!

This was the thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/light-recommendations-needed-i’m-picky-about-spectrums.1110891/

I fricking love my Reefis. My tank has never been better. I think I’m pushing 600 par now. These lights are so powerful.

I personally use the cool and warm white channels to add white because they fill out the greens, yellows, and reds. I very much dislike the amber channel. šŸ‘Ž

Lime is very nice, but mine is currently at 0. I might add some tomorrow because I actually like that channel a lot. It brings out the fish’s colors and adds a sunny look to the tank.
Thats the thread I was thinking of. I pretty much already decided to get reefis a couple years ago but your thread really solidified it for me šŸ‘šŸ˜

Thanks for all the good threads and advice you have put out there! I end up reading a lot of threads you start.
 
Thank you! I get that a lot actually. I like bringing in fresh ideas and perspectives.

Your stand is coming along great! Do you currently have a tank running?
 
Thank you! I get that a lot actually. I like bringing in fresh ideas and perspectives.

Your stand is coming along great! Do you currently have a tank running?
Yeah just a little 10g at the moment to get the biology going. Well a 100g rubbermaid stock tank with some dry rock cooking also for the last few months.
IMG_5416.jpeg
 
Ooops…
IMG_5498.jpeg
IMG_5500.jpeg

Next step, plumbing. With a side of cutting holes in the stand for electrical and the plumbing.

Also I have a little bit of work under the house for floor support left. The goal is to have it in the house with water in it next weekend.

What is the best way to scape live rock without spending a fortune on epoxy? By live rock I do mean live rock not dry.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new