Need help with possible refugium!

Clownfishdude1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I have an aio reef tank that I want to add a small refugium too, not necessarily for the benefits, more for just a challenge and aesthetics. I have 2 options, I could use one of the unused back chambers and put a light in it which I think I could grow chaeto and a mangrove. Would this work? I could also get a hob refugium and I was wondering about jellyfish in there? I've seen some people put jellies in their refugium. Could I put a mangrove in with the jelly fish, chaeto? Is it even a good idea to put a jellyfish in a a refugium? Thanks!
 
Hello everyone! I have an aio reef tank that I want to add a small refugium too, not necessarily for the benefits, more for just a challenge and aesthetics. I have 2 options, I could use one of the unused back chambers and put a light in it which I think I could grow chaeto and a mangrove. Would this work? I could also get a hob refugium and I was wondering about jellyfish in there? I've seen some people put jellies in their refugium. Could I put a mangrove in with the jelly fish, chaeto? Is it even a good idea to put a jellyfish in a a refugium? Thanks!
HOB would probably be the best option, you'd get more volume than in one of the chambers. As far as jellyfish go, I am unfamiliar with jellys, so I cannot answer. From what I've read you want an empty space for jelly fish, so I don't know that putting them in with mangroves would be best...
 
I agree a hob would give you more room to grow mangroves and or cheateo I to do not now about putting jellies in there.
 
Jellyfish require specialized situations. They are open water creatures. It is hard to keep an open water creature in an aquarium. I think there has been some success with circular tanks..... no corners. Also, I would think that when one dies, it would produce all sorts of bad products that it could cause a tank crash.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new