New to the community

  • Thread starter Thread starter ed130372
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Ed- I just recently joined and can't even begin to describe how much information there is here -- articles, members, etc! I hope you find it at least half informative as I do; I am brand new to reef tanks so this is invaluable.

Cheers
 
Welcome to R2R!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
zOk7nol.gif
 
Ed- I just recently joined and can't even begin to describe how much information there is here -- articles, members, etc! I hope you find it at least half informative as I do; I am brand new to reef tanks so this is invaluable.

Cheers

Thanks DeepBlue. Looking forward to getting started and hope to absorb as much info as I can as well [emoji106][emoji106]
 
Welcome to R2R!

Any ideas yet what size tank you were looking for? (Small/medium/large is fine if you don't know specifics yet.)

I’m looking for probably between a 90-120gallon. Of course I would love a 400 gallon but trying to keep my feet on the ground...LOL
 
I’m looking for probably between a 90-120gallon. Of course I would love a 400 gallon but trying to keep my feet on the ground...LOL
Feet... on the ground? And you want to get a reef tank? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure those two ideas are really compatible... ;-)

90-120g is a good range to start with - not so small that minor mistakes are dire, but not so large that you jump into significant effort. Especially if you can start out with one of the pre-built options (Red Sea, OceanBox, etc.). Even just custom assembling can be totally doable with lots of options in that size range.

Just in case you've not already seen it, this post is a great place to start!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new