KernanTurtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm a newbie that is going to start my very first SW tank. I'm starting to buy equipment and so far have a 75 gallon tank, stand and am getting ready to purchase an RODI system. I'm really enjoying reading and researching on the forum and look forward to both asking questions and sharing as I get into the hobby!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm a newbie that is going to start my very first SW tank. I'm starting to buy equipment and so far have a 75 gallon tank, stand and am getting ready to purchase an RODI system. I'm really enjoying reading and researching on the forum and look forward to both asking questions and sharing as I get into the hobby!
Welcome to R2R!!!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Post up pics of your 75! Keep us posted with your build! :)

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi KernanTurtle,

Welcome to the forum!
Congratulations with the first tank:) What stock do you plan to have?

Zhenya

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

e572

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! Do as much research as you can before purchasing anything and make sure you get what you want the first time. Good luck and I wish you well in your journey!!

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Kernan, I think a 75 is a very good tank for a beginner. Not too small where a small mistake can have issues and not too big where keeping the water right becomes difficult. Not to mention extra cost of a larger tank while You learn.

OP
OP
K

KernanTurtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finally got the tank up and running! Here are my current parameters:
pH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0.2
Nitrate 5
Salinity 1.026
Temp 76.9

I have a question. I have a bottle of bio-spira that I haven't used yet. Should I wait until I'm ready to add my first fish, or should I add this now. Are these parameters within line to get a couple of starter fish?

Thank you in advance!

IMG_2727.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back