Nitrite not zeroing out?

45 day update, no change in readings. I did add 3 chromis and two weeks later added a flame angel all from quarantine.
 

Attachments

  • 20220214_161444.jpg
    20220214_161444.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 72
I only read nitrite not zeroing out and API, and stopped.

Nitrite will likely never zero out, especially with the API. If you have nitrate forming, your cycle is (should be after a month) done.
mine took almost 6 weeks. it happens.
 
45 day update, no change in readings. I did add 3 chromis and two weeks later added a flame angel all from quarantine.
I have the same problem, i cycled for 40 days, NH3 is 0 at 14th, but nitrite is still now 5ppm. No3 from 60 down to 10, PO4 from 2.2 to 0.09. What should i do now??? Tks for advices!
 
I have the same problem, i cycled for 40 days, NH3 is 0 at 14th, but nitrite is still now 5ppm. No3 from 60 down to 10, PO4 from 2.2 to 0.09. What should i do now??? Tks for advices!
you're going to be fighting for months before things become stable. your job is to do your best to keep consistent with feeding and maintenance and let the tank's biological cultures adjust. once this happens nuisance algae will calm down and it will be a suitable environment for most corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new