Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway! Win a K7 Pro II LED Reef Light!!

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 1: started a thread on "Cycling & Water Condition"

Last edited:

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry:
1592503553698.png

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry: Always use a stray current probe on each tank. For both the aquarist's safety AND alot of ICK and other illnesses are stressed fish due to unchecked

Mike weymers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice... use good lighting with regular water changes and less is better to much tinkering will lead to unwanted side effects....

Fish.Bum00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my first build I researched for 6 months while gathering equipment. When I was finally up and running, I felt I got most everything right on a budget.

When it came to livestock, a lot of people said to acclimate then drop them into the tank, while others said to quarantine everything. At the time I couldnt imagine waiting an additional 3 months while fish were in QT before adding to the display. So I got some fish and tossed them in.

Flash forward a few months and my tank was fallow because of fish disease. I now fully QT all fish and am building a QT for corals and inverts.

The best advice I recieved but initially ignored . . . Quarantine quarantine quarantine. Quarantine everything. If u dont,eventually you will regret it.

Lucky for me, it happened early. If I had really expensive fish and coral in my tank when all this happened, I may have given up.

Quarantine. It's a must.

Halfaro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyche Giveaway helpful.jpg

Hey guys!! Thanks for all the help last month with great ideas! You guys were super helpful, and so this month we've taken one of your ideas and decided to hold the "Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway!" In this month's giveaway, we're asking you to share the most helpful tips you've come across in reefing!

Noopsyche's Reef Lighting has become one of the popular reef lighting options for many members of our community here on Reef2Reef. Their K7 Pro II is their flagship light, and @noopsyche is giving you the chance to own one for FREE! You can check out @Dana Riddle's testing of the Noopsyche K7 Pro II HERE.

Please see the rules below and get your entries in NOW!

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry: Post in this thread one tip that has been really helpful to you with the reef hobby. The more unique or lesser known the tip is, the better! We're looking for specific pieces of advice that may have helped with a specific issue or helped you to achieve success. (We're hoping for more than "Go slow and have patience." Give us something specific.)

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Answer a thread where someone is asking a question, or start a new thread about a topic or issue (This might be to share something with the community, or even to ask a question...after all, your questions could be helpful to others who have the same question).
Bonus 2: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
Bonus 3: Join the Noopsyche USA Facebook group. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 4: Check out the Noopsyche USA website and tell us what you like most. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 5: Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

One winner will be selected to receive:
  • One K7 ProII light
  • One K7 bracket
  • One K7 controller
1.jpg

2.JPG

ONE Winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on July 6, 2020! (Last day to enter is July 5th.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thanks again to @noopsyche for this awesome contest!
My tidbit of advice came from an offhand comment from one of the Meleves reef videos and it has to do with getting the temperature down in your tank. I have a nano all in one 24 gallon aquarium that was running just a bit too hot for my liking, around 80 to 81 degrees. The comment was about the heat the return pump generates and to not oversize the pump for your needs as that could be contributing to the elevated temperature. Sure enough, I swapped out the return pump that I was using at a lower setting for one with a third of the watts at a normal setting and that alone brought my temp down to 78 degrees. That even gave me the flexibility to add a 2nd circulation pump, maybe 3 watts max, for better flow in the display.

Mehul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that I have learned that don’t fall for the gimmicks and brands go back to the basics you don’t need the most expensive equipment you don’t need dosers or fancy gadgets keep it simple and grow your reef. Stop making the big corporations rich and the influencers richer... it takes a $400 light to grow a $20 coral

Sqwertyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I was given was in reference to Bryopsis. I felt like I had tried everything from tangs to urchins, vibrant, manual removal, gfo, and everything I could think of. I was on the verge of shutting the tank down due to it having taken over, until my LFS suggested I try Fluconazole. After 3 weeks of no skimming, no carbon and adding the Fluconazole, it was completely gone and I have been Bryopsis-free for a year!

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you first get started, learn all you can about one fish or other species. When you go to a new LFS, ask a question about that it, For example, “that blue tang is cool will it work in my 1g nano”:). You will find out right away if the owner is looking for a sale or offering sound advice when you ask other livestock questions.

jay06705

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I've learned is always research what you plan on buying, don't just buy anything because it looks cool.

Brittanyjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice: it took you months to get “problem”. It should take months to solve it. No rushing.

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice to pass on to others.....of course you need to dip all new corals, but also inspect them well. And to help with that, I use a magnifying glass and a white bowl. The white bowl helps with lighting and contrast.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back