NW Arkansas Newbie

Joshua Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!!

I am so glad to be here. I was referred to this by a very knowledgeable fellow at my LFS and just from the few stickys that I have glanced over I can tell that this site is an incredible knowledge base for all aquarium enthusiasts and I am so happy that I decided to join.

Let me start off by introducing myself and telling you a bit about my interests and aquarium background:

I am a Systems Administrator for a Not-for-Profit organization based in Northwest Arkansas that provides advocacy services (and much more) to developmentally disabled individuals from 6 weeks of age until death. I always wanted an aquarium of my own once I graduated college and got out on my own but couldn't eve afford it until I got my current job.

My first aquarium that I built was a year ago; even though I have my heart set on a reef tank, I had never kept ANY aquarium on my own. So after some research I decided that it would be best if I started off with a freshwater tank. I actually went with a planted tank, actually....a 29 gallon glass tank that I picked up for $15 on a Craigslist ad. It is thriving and it has done nothing but increase my enthusiasm for wanting to get a reef tank in the future. My current planted tank setup is as follows:

• 29 Gallon Glass Tank (long)
  • Dennerle Scaper's Soil substrate
  • Finnex Planted+ 24/7 LED Lighting
  • Fluval 406 Canister Filter
  • CO2 System (5 lb tank w all accessories)
  • EHEIM 150W Submersible Heater
Thank you all so much for your hospitality. I look forward to getting to know you and hopefully getting to personally know some of the members that happen to live in my area. I am very interested in joining a local aquarium hobby club, but I am not exactly sure if there is one. I plan on posting another post very soon concerning my next purchase and advice about it.

Cheers,

Josh

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! My wife is from Jonesboro, Ar.

welcom.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back