NW Arkansas Newbie

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet Forum' started by Joshua Jordan, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Joshua Jordan

Joshua Jordan Member

Hello Everyone!!

I am so glad to be here. I was referred to this by a very knowledgeable fellow at my LFS and just from the few stickys that I have glanced over I can tell that this site is an incredible knowledge base for all aquarium enthusiasts and I am so happy that I decided to join.

Let me start off by introducing myself and telling you a bit about my interests and aquarium background:

I am a Systems Administrator for a Not-for-Profit organization based in Northwest Arkansas that provides advocacy services (and much more) to developmentally disabled individuals from 6 weeks of age until death. I always wanted an aquarium of my own once I graduated college and got out on my own but couldn't eve afford it until I got my current job.

My first aquarium that I built was a year ago; even though I have my heart set on a reef tank, I had never kept ANY aquarium on my own. So after some research I decided that it would be best if I started off with a freshwater tank. I actually went with a planted tank, actually....a 29 gallon glass tank that I picked up for $15 on a Craigslist ad. It is thriving and it has done nothing but increase my enthusiasm for wanting to get a reef tank in the future. My current planted tank setup is as follows:

• 29 Gallon Glass Tank (long)
    • Dennerle Scaper's Soil substrate
    • Finnex Planted+ 24/7 LED Lighting
    • Fluval 406 Canister Filter
    • CO2 System (5 lb tank w all accessories)
    • EHEIM 150W Submersible Heater
    Thank you all so much for your hospitality. I look forward to getting to know you and hopefully getting to personally know some of the members that happen to live in my area. I am very interested in joining a local aquarium hobby club, but I am not exactly sure if there is one. I plan on posting another post very soon concerning my next purchase and advice about it.

Cheers,

Josh

kireek and kschweer like this.
    Tags:
  2. KJ

KJ Road Warrior R2R Supporter ETRC Member Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award

Welcome to R2R Josh!!!

kireek, kschweer, jsker and 1 other person like this.
  3. dbl

dbl It Takes Less Energy to be Nice Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Welcome to R2R and to the hobby.

kireek, kschweer, KJ and 1 other person like this.
  4. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Welcome to R2R Josh. Very nice system to start with.

kireek, kschweer, KJ and 1 other person like this.
  5. kschweer

kschweer Zoas!!! Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award NJRC Member Partner Member

Welcome!!!

kireek, KJ and dbl like this.
  6. Salty1962

Salty1962 Wrasse and SPS Lover R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Welcome to R2R! My wife is from Jonesboro, Ar.

welcom.jpg

kireek likes this.
  7. kireek

kireek PLANESWALKER R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

KJ likes this.
  8. Denvercherub

Denvercherub Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Welcome!