OP
OP
OffTopic

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquamai KPS (120$ ) is also a good choice: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071FVBTKN/

Thanks, I think I have decided though on the one from Tunze, it has all that I am looking for in the Powerhead and it has good reviews. However, when the day comes I do get SPS do you think I might need two of them?

Also it is alright if I add 10-15 pounds of live rock this weekend, it won't be catastrophic or anything?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I think I have decided though on the one from Tunze, it has all that I am looking for in the Powerhead and it has good reviews. However, when the day comes I do get SPS do you think I might need two of them?

Also it is alright if I add 10-15 pounds of live rock this weekend, it won't be catastrophic or anything?
Tunze is good. We'll see if you need another one... you can do it later always
Adding new LR is ok.., its early so i dont expect much problems. Make sure its cured.

OP
OP
OffTopic

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone here is a bit of an update on the Stand side. I decided to go DIY as I really didn’t feel it was need to splurge for a cabinet maker. The Stand is 36X24X27.5”, it was made out of synthetic wood called Melamine. The positives of this route though more expensive, I didn’t have to paint/finish as it is already done. The whole project has costed about $150 so far, which I would say is pretty good.

It isn’t all the way done as the hinges I got for the doors was for 3/8th inches opening and my opening is 3/4th inches. So I have that to grab and also I want to put some molding on it to just give it a bit more depth.

The whole project so far took only three hours and I would say adding the doors/molding will take another one-two. Here is what is looks like without the doors/modeling.

upload_2018-9-3_19-40-38.jpeg

upload_2018-9-3_19-41-44.jpeg

upload_2018-9-3_19-42-19.jpeg

The two pieces of wood inside the stand will be the doors once I get the right hinges!

OP
OP
OffTopic

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright here is the stand finished, I am happy how it turned out. I was a bit hesitant to add on the molding but I think t turned out pretty good.

upload_2018-9-4_18-40-38.jpeg
upload_2018-9-4_18-41-31.jpeg
upload_2018-9-4_18-40-12.jpeg

I got a bit of touch up work to do, but that won’t take to long! What y’all think?

OP
OP
OffTopic

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A funny story today while I went to the LFS for some RODI water. I think to do this story a bit of justice I have to give some backstory. So a couple of weeks ago I went to one LFS and it was extremely messy.

But the one that I normally go to is only opened between Thurs-Sat, and it also has a toll road so it costs $5 to go to it every time. I was in a need to get RODI water as my water has evaporated and I didn't want to add more salt water on top. So I go into this LFS a bit anxious due to my previous bad experience, but what followed had to be one of the funniest conversations to have happen in a few years.

I walk into the store and the "Marine Manager" is yelling at this lady that he wont sell her water. She was like, "But if I don't have any water my fish will die," he responded, "But I don't want to create another problem by adding the new water." She responded, "I will bring my water tomorrow to be tested," and the fish guy was like, "I might not even test it for you, I don't want you creating new problems with adding new water." This argument looped for five minutes before the "Marine Manager" said, "Fine bring your water tomorrow, I will test it." The lady storms out of the store and I nervously go up to ask a question. I later learn he has an interesting theory on water changes and how to keep your aquarium like the ocean...

Now I am a bit confused why you wouldn't sell someone saltwater, how will this add new problems? But I am new to all this so I approached the guy and asked him if he would sell me RODI water. Thinking he might yell at me that adding RODI water will kill my fish... But surprisingly he said," Oh for sure!" and went to the back room with a jug that costs $14.99, just remember that for later as becomes pretty important.

But I go back of the store where the RODI is filled and start asking a few question, this is when I started to realize something was off about this guy. I ask him about why the last time I was there why was the place so dirty. He tells me, "Well I took a vacation around that time, and the others must have not taken good enough care." This is all fine but then when I start asking questions about ATO's it became apparent either he is a savant reefer conducting complex experiments on fish or he might have one of those Colorado Treats ;) But I have never meet someone so passionate over ATOs in my life, for the rest of this he is practically yelling and pacing back and forth.

I ask him about his idea of using Kalkwasser with my ATO and his response was priceless. Full of jubilance speaking 1000 words a minute states, "Ya know if you have Kalkwasser with an ATO, you don't have an ATO," then pausing for some air, "you know what I am saying." I said, "Well not really, did I lose my ATO?" He was like, "Kalkwasser is an unneeded additive, I just look at my corals if they are open I am fine, if not well I figure it out," he continues, "If you have Kalkwasser you have an ATO with Kalkwasser, not a ATO." He says this about three times, and myself broken down I said, "yeah I understand." I kinda freaked was like, "yeah I will do some more research on ATO's, so I will get it later, but do you got some live-dry rock?"

He shows me over to the live rock with is priced at $6.00 a pound, this aswell will become pretty important later. But this part of the story isn't to important, I pick out two rocks that was equivalent to ten pounds and then I go to checkout. This is when the savant-reefer-marine-manager true cutting edge marine tips showed its full colors.

So I tell him, "yeah I am pretty new to reefing, just trying to figure stuff out," jubilant as ever the savant-reefer-marine-manager tells me his tips for reefing. I was telling him that I plan on doing 1/4 water changes weekly. He looks at me in disgust and tells me that he will rarely do water changes. Not to be rude or anything but his tanks are not what you call - healthy. But he was like he weekly takes his nitrates and if they are not above 60 ppm he won't even consider a water change. He said, "you should buy a coral as when it is open you are doing well, it is closed you are not," but his hand gestures were amazing, saying this about five times. Mind you at this point he was practically yelling pacing back and forth. The people were looking at me as what I assume is looks of horror.

Like I understand that there is methods such as triton that requires little-no water changes but believe me he definitely is not using these. He is like you need to treat this as an art, don't do water changes as this isn't how the ocean works. I at this point wanted to say, "Well the ocean is an open system, while my 20 Gallon Tank is definitely not the Pacific Ocean," I held some restraint. This question would only make matters worse. He was like, "Most people lie online, you need to find people like me to tell the truth." He goes on a tangent how people over complicate the hobby(which is an understandable position) but he says, I need people like him to tell me the truth. He says he tests all his products himself and religiously doesn't trust ATOs as people add additives to them(how could I think to add Kalkwasser to my tank). Maybe I meet a saltwater purist idk...

But the last part just killed me. He gives me his business card and said to call him for when he gets the "stock". I am not totally sure what "stock" he is mentioning, the Colorado own treats or maybe fish.

But all of this reefing preaching distracted my friend a bit, because my total bill was $53.o2... In my head I was like $6.00 X 10 + $14.99 + whatever the RODI water cost per gallon. Now, I round the 2 and this math doesn't add up...

I now have pictures of this guy in the back room performing complex experiments and writing the new cutting-edge saltwater books. But that is most likely not the case. So what is y'alls opinion, reefing legend or Colorado treats expert?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A funny story today while I went to the LFS for some RODI water. I think to do this story a bit of justice I have to give some backstory. So a couple of weeks ago I went to one LFS and it was extremely messy.

But the one that I normally go to is only opened between Thurs-Sat, and it also has a toll road so it costs $5 to go to it every time. I was in a need to get RODI water as my water has evaporated and I didn't want to add more salt water on top. So I go into this LFS a bit anxious due to my previous bad experience, but what followed had to be one of the funniest conversations to have happen in a few years.

I walk into the store and the "Marine Manager" is yelling at this lady that he wont sell her water. She was like, "But if I don't have any water my fish will die," he responded, "But I don't want to create another problem by adding the new water." She responded, "I will bring my water tomorrow to be tested," and the fish guy was like, "I might not even test it for you, I don't want you creating new problems with adding new water." This argument looped for five minutes before the "Marine Manager" said, "Fine bring your water tomorrow, I will test it." The lady storms out of the store and I nervously go up to ask a question. I later learn he has an interesting theory on water changes and how to keep your aquarium like the ocean...

Now I am a bit confused why you wouldn't sell someone saltwater, how will this add new problems? But I am new to all this so I approached the guy and asked him if he would sell me RODI water. Thinking he might yell at me that adding RODI water will kill my fish... But surprisingly he said," Oh for sure!" and went to the back room with a jug that costs $14.99, just remember that for later as becomes pretty important.

But I go back of the store where the RODI is filled and start asking a few question, this is when I started to realize something was off about this guy. I ask him about why the last time I was there why was the place so dirty. He tells me, "Well I took a vacation around that time, and the others must have not taken good enough care." This is all fine but then when I start asking questions about ATO's it became apparent either he is a savant reefer conducting complex experiments on fish or he might have one of those Colorado Treats ;) But I have never meet someone so passionate over ATOs in my life, for the rest of this he is practically yelling and pacing back and forth.

I ask him about his idea of using Kalkwasser with my ATO and his response was priceless. Full of jubilance speaking 1000 words a minute states, "Ya know if you have Kalkwasser with an ATO, you don't have an ATO," then pausing for some air, "you know what I am saying." I said, "Well not really, did I lose my ATO?" He was like, "Kalkwasser is an unneeded additive, I just look at my corals if they are open I am fine, if not well I figure it out," he continues, "If you have Kalkwasser you have an ATO with Kalkwasser, not a ATO." He says this about three times, and myself broken down I said, "yeah I understand." I kinda freaked was like, "yeah I will do some more research on ATO's, so I will get it later, but do you got some live-dry rock?"

He shows me over to the live rock with is priced at $6.00 a pound, this aswell will become pretty important later. But this part of the story isn't to important, I pick out two rocks that was equivalent to ten pounds and then I go to checkout. This is when the savant-reefer-marine-manager true cutting edge marine tips showed its full colors.

So I tell him, "yeah I am pretty new to reefing, just trying to figure stuff out," jubilant as ever the savant-reefer-marine-manager tells me his tips for reefing. I was telling him that I plan on doing 1/4 water changes weekly. He looks at me in disgust and tells me that he will rarely do water changes. Not to be rude or anything but his tanks are not what you call - healthy. But he was like he weekly takes his nitrates and if they are not above 60 ppm he won't even consider a water change. He said, "you should buy a coral as when it is open you are doing well, it is closed you are not," but his hand gestures were amazing, saying this about five times. Mind you at this point he was practically yelling pacing back and forth. The people were looking at me as what I assume is looks of horror.

Like I understand that there is methods such as triton that requires little-no water changes but believe me he definitely is not using these. He is like you need to treat this as an art, don't do water changes as this isn't how the ocean works. I at this point wanted to say, "Well the ocean is an open system, while my 20 Gallon Tank is definitely not the Pacific Ocean," I held some restraint. This question would only make matters worse. He was like, "Most people lie online, you need to find people like me to tell the truth." He goes on a tangent how people over complicate the hobby(which is an understandable position) but he says, I need people like him to tell me the truth. He says he tests all his products himself and religiously doesn't trust ATOs as people add additives to them(how could I think to add Kalkwasser to my tank). Maybe I meet a saltwater purist idk...

But the last part just killed me. He gives me his business card and said to call him for when he gets the "stock". I am not totally sure what "stock" he is mentioning, the Colorado own treats or maybe fish.

But all of this reefing preaching distracted my friend a bit, because my total bill was $53.o2... In my head I was like $6.00 X 10 + $14.99 + whatever the RODI water cost per gallon. Now, I round the 2 and this math doesn't add up...

I now have pictures of this guy in the back room performing complex experiments and writing the new cutting-edge saltwater books. But that is most likely not the case. So what is y'alls opinion, reefing legend or Colorado treats expert?

Funny. Probably worth the toll price next time.

Everyone has their own way to reef. Kind of like religion or politics, it is personal. The ones who demand their opinion be taken as fact are not generally there to help you (unless you fully subscribe to their beliefs and practices).

One thing I will say, is if / when I add kalkwasser to my system, I would do it manually or through a separate doser. I would not want anything to mess with my ATO pump or setup. Just my opinion as food for thought. Lots of people do it that way.

OP
OP
OffTopic

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny. Probably worth the toll price next time.

Everyone has their own way to reef. Kind of like religion or politics, it is personal. The ones who demand their opinion be taken as fact are not generally there to help you (unless you fully subscribe to their beliefs and practices).

One thing I will say, is if / when I add kalkwasser to my system, I would do it manually or through a separate doser. I would not want anything to mess with my ATO pump or setup. Just my opinion as food for thought. Lots of people do it that way.

Oh yeah I definitely believe there are a lot of methods and ideas for reefing. No one has all the answers, I just never meet someone so hyper about ATO’s. I am going to my normal LFS and I am sure to tell him my experience over there. The guy was super nice and all but I still can’t get over why he wouldn’t sell the poor lady salt water :)

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just take most suggestions with a grain of salt. Like I did with my RC hobby, people would tell me how to set up the car for the track. I do know that no two drivers are alike. What I'm currently doing to my tank is doing things my way first, through endless online reading. This is why I love this forum. Many people posting their mistakes, so for rest to not make the same mistake. Just like the saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but can't force it to drink."

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my water both ro and salt are currently from my lfs by choice due crazy work schedule. Was planning to get my own ro system but cant due to both space contraints and self diagnosed dementia (joke). Might get a tds meter to check out my water from lfs.

OP
OP
OffTopic

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That story is the exact reason why I have my own RO unit. My LFS closest to me had “RO” reading at like 100 TDS so I no longer trust an LFS for RO or Salt.

Yeah I was trying to rationalize putting off an RO unit for a while and just go to the LFS. With how little water there is in the tank it lowers the immediate need for a unit. But going to the LFS are quite bizarre if I am being honest. Maybe I just haven't found the "one" yet but man I am running out of ones to go to in my area... I cannot believe what it would be like to only have one LFS in your area :eek: I just want to get to the point were I am no longer dependent of LFS for keeping my tank live and thriving, I would still like going to them just not on such a regular basis.

Hmm, I just read what you said that your LFS is selling you water at 100TDS. They could be selling me water at 1,000 TDS(I know this is probably not even possible) and I wouldn't even know. I wonder if I can ask the LFS if they will test there water before they sell it to me...

The one that I go to with a toll seems to be a pretty stand up affair but the "Marine Manager" one seems to be having personel problems and I will leave it at that

Just take most suggestions with a grain of salt. Like I did with my RC hobby, people would tell me how to set up the car for the track. I do know that no two drivers are alike. What I'm currently doing to my tank is doing things my way first, through endless online reading. This is why I love this forum. Many people posting their mistakes, so for rest to not make the same mistake. Just like the saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but can't force it to drink."

I agree, I kinda think thats why this hobby is so fun/interesting as there is no one size fits all approach. A lot of the experiences that you have will dictate how you will go forward in the hobby.

Hulley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread, I'll be following along as I almost went with a similar route as you with the Nuovo 20 with the idea on upgrading later, instead I went with a RSR 350 in my office and will upgrade to a much larger tank when my basement get finished, in all fairness, I have no plans to move! If I were moving in the near future, I would absolutely gone with the 20 or maybe a 40g breeder.

OP
OP
OffTopic

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update #2

Somewhat of a large update today a lot of fun goodies came in. But as the saying goes, fix one problem add two new ones. I got the Sicce Silent Return pump and for a minute I didn't think it was working it was that quite. I am so happy my headaches of being in the room is over, or well maybe... I also got in the mail, the Protein Skimmer(more on that one), and the media rack. I am kinda a goof I must admit that I only bought one media rack and I defiantly meant to buy two, so that is coming in the mail...

Also I must give a huge shoutout to @Ranjib I picked up two Kessils 160WE lights per his recommendation. These lights already seem like a huge upgrade and will help me achieve my goal of SPS in one year. I also while at the LFS couldn't help myself but pick up the Spectral controller, but the guy forgot to sell my the 3.5 jack adapter so I am making the drive up there again today... Unless anyone has any objections I think these lights are the ones to stay!

I still have a lot of cables to manage now that I moved the stand into place and all the undoing of the cables I managed last week. Yesterday, I got my water tested by the LFS all was well except my salinity was at 1.028 and my pH was at 7.8. So I did a water change 2 gallons of salt water and one gallon of RODI water per the LFS suggestion.

I must say the tank with the protein skimmer on the back and the huge goosenecks now sorta looks like a high school science experiment, but I must say I absolutely love it!

upload_2018-9-8_9-31-25.png

upload_2018-9-8_9-31-49.png

upload_2018-9-8_9-32-11.png

upload_2018-9-8_9-32-33.png

Now here is the problem that I created... I picked up the AquaMaxx 1.5 Protein Skimmer and assembly was easy and mostly straight forward. But now I keep getting this annoying trickle water sound with it on. I followed all the instructions and primed the pump, does anyone know what this sound may be? Its funny I finally got rid of a sound that drove me crazy, and then the next day introduce a louder more annoying one...:(:(:(

upload_2018-9-8_9-33-2.png

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have lined up the best of breed equipment I can think of :) . I wish I had such a setup.
Give the skimmer some time to break in. Dialing in the skimmer is an art, :), you'll get it in due time (a couple of months).
Am I assuming you are running the kessils at low intensity for the time being?
Did you get ATO sorted?

Let's start thinking about stocking plans. .. now that you have some time to just wait and let the ugly kick in (diano -> algae)

I have not done this particularly, but it will be nice if have a handy diagram or picture of some sort that you can draw corals (roughly) to explain what type of coral you want to add in which part of the tank. I think it will be useful for discussion as coral location on rockscape is going to be a big deal since you have less real estate. We have to think about coral requirement (light and flow) , their growth pattern (this will decide who will shade whom, thus influencing each other's growth), their aggressiveness (who will sting whom). I'll throw in some diagrams, once I am close to a laptop

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually like the flow/trickle sounds coming from the back of the tank. Only noticable when very near the tank. I don't even remember how many times the sound made me knock out next to the tank (tank is behind the couch). Good on you for getting a great light set up. Even though I haven't tried Kessil, you should be succesful with whatever you throw in your tank.

OP
OP
OffTopic

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also today I am finally going to bite the bullet and get the Powerhead, ATO, and Heater. I am trying to get all the final equipment for the build now so once I get corals, CUC, and maybe a Gobbie the system will have no real changes to it. The powerhead getting the Tunze Turbelle NanoStream 6055 Controllable or maybe the MP10, and the heater Neo-Therm 75 Watt Submersible Heater. I might grab two heaters for redundancy and set one one-two degrees lower just for redundancy.

You have lined up the best of breed equipment I can think of :) . I wish I had such a setup.
Give the skimmer some time to break in. Dialing in the skimmer is an art, :), you'll get it in due time (a couple of months).
Am I assuming you are running the kessils at low intensity for the time being?
Did you get ATO sorted?

Let's start thinking about stocking plans. .. now that you have some time to just wait and let the ugly kick in (diano -> algae)

I have not done this particularly, but it will be nice if have a handy diagram or picture of some sort that you can draw corals (roughly) to explain what type of coral you want to add in which part of the tank. I think it will be useful for discussion as coral location on rockscape is going to be a big deal since you have less real estate. We have to think about coral requirement (light and flow) , their growth pattern (this will decide who will shade whom, thus influencing each other's growth), their aggressiveness (who will sting whom). I'll throw in some diagrams, once I am close to a laptop

The ATO I still haven't gotten sorted but I need to after this week incident of my pump intaking air and scaring poor Sadie and Ricardo! I have had the Smart ATO Micro 120P just sitting in my cart for about three days now on BRS. I was thinking I might get the Tunze offering but I just remembered I don't have much space left in the sump area and I probably need to go with this one. I was thinking I would just pick up Tigger Systems Crystal ATO 5 Gallon as I think having a 10 Gallon ATO would be overkill and dangerous if the ATO stopped working. I need to look if the Smart ATO's pump is has enough head pressure to go from down in the stand I built up to the sump area(about 4 feet).

Yeah for the lights I have them on low intensity and blue for the color for now, once I get corals both the intensity and the color will change. My plan is through the spectral controller to have it ramp up at 8:00 am to 9:00 am for an hour till full intensity and ramp down from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm to no intensity.

And for the stocking plan I would love to do that, partly because I am a newbie and don't know exactly what to look for in these corals. I will get a rough idea of what corals I am thinking about and maybe post them in the thread. Hopefully we can discuss where to put them in the tank and if they are suitable. Also I just want to say you have been such a freaking help in this tanks progression! And if you want to help me pick out the corals for this tank that would be amazing.

My goal is to get all the need equipment left for the tank order today so I can start focusing on the fun stuff which is corals and watching these fish thrive!

I actually like the flow/trickle sounds coming from the back of the tank. Only noticable when very near the tank. I don't even remember how many times the sound made me knock out next to the tank (tank is behind the couch). Good on you for getting a great light set up. Even though I haven't tried Kessil, you should be succesful with whatever you throw in your tank.

Thanks, yeah the trickle noise you are talking about I believe isn't the one I am experiencing. I think I see why it is happening and it will just require a bit of work with switching the pumping not to block my inlet and outlet of the skimmer. The return pumps plumbing both sit in front of the inlet/outlet so my plan is to do a bit of DIY and prevent it from blocking the skimmer. Also great tank BTW, if I didn't post on your build thread already I am following along!

Lights look great, I'm sure you'll be very happy going with the more powerful 160s, as far as the water noise, I'm not sure as I'm not familiar with that skimmer.
Great thread, I'll be following along as I almost went with a similar route as you with the Nuovo 20 with the idea on upgrading later, instead I went with a RSR 350 in my office and will upgrade to a much larger tank when my basement get finished, in all fairness, I have no plans to move! If I were moving in the near future, I would absolutely gone with the 20 or maybe a 40g breeder.

Thank you so much! I have been following your thread and like I posted on there it is absolutely amazing! Yeah it is an interesting hobby always wanting a bigger and more fun tank. But I must say it has only been one week but I absolutely love this tank. I already know that this wont be used as a QT tank as originally planned as I am already to invested in it. Excited to see the big tank in the basement once you get that all setup and going.

OP
OP
OffTopic

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright this is the first try at the stocking list so it probably will be wildly incompatible, general head bashing into the wall for you experienced reefers. TBH I mostly chose them based on looks, so lets probably just get into it. I know this won't be anywhere close to the final stocking lineup so please I want everyone's opinions/ideas. I just want to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

Anemone

This one is for the clownfish, I know they don't need one but I would like Sadie and Ricardo the opportunity to have one. This one is Tidal Gardens Multicolored Bubble Tip

bubble-tip-multi-2.jpg

Pavona

Blue Pavona
img_2534.jpg

Montipora

Neon Green Montipora
img_3553.jpg

Red Plating Montipora
img_4814.jpg

Snow Cap Montipora
img_4858-3.jpg

Leptoseris

24k Leptoseris
img_4572.jpg

Blood Orange Leptoseris
img_4901.jpg

Cyphastrea

Party Crasher - I already don't know if these will work as they require very little light and I will have pretty intense lighting. Maybe they will work on the bottom...
img_3550.jpg

Acropora

BC Bubblebath Unicorn
new3415-1-600x600.jpg

Disney JR
new3419-1-600x600.jpg

Australlian Acropora

10.jpg

Australlian Acropora
TV4Nv9U9F3YSzNvQc0sToy1475QDS91HVPtJT26chEYH4q_6UDkEc1T1gDvNsChh058-41cA9Kb-fwUR0dBQlPiHVGBt7l0Y7HmWO7_4z0NAsHx7wx3llP32uoxVpEJAi6ok9X0M

Australlian Acropora
d8rMXZ8T2nW7AXbTMwU9JHGQYOPov97Kmuz75Z7J9hx-JX_HL3ns-LprYDNlFcJ3Ned1mksPfavsy0C2f0AccHLRiUHS9C63TCNrbge-nVsxLDzkrI1eErTjeMzBA9EU4SK2mtFm

Australlian Acropora
RVIU8ZqQR-uY837g-TvkeS9fL1pLJ8oXKTsbOuz5-XICg_0jxF1pXAG7sTJDt_KloeRPN716Ci9UcTRFF7k1a1XMiCVolgnVofWAOWzkUPl75i_Ogu6X319CRZuUTidF--EDrSOk

Australlian Acropora
iFRW6H0MMBEi7X8PzUn222nA4tSGpNpAGxkHqY9bmLjZ7na0Ul42T7CyfFMQbwSq7p_3kumxCZWFuiQSTSfh3e3PDfFoJMNB99-oYH0R6IvZvyeQfHUPgMjzUCO8nurCoHYP-nl0

Just as a note I added probably more corals than the final stocking list will have and went really acropora heavy, partly because those are the types that I like the most. I hope everyones head's are okay and lets get to actually making this a working stocking list.

jdpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking into Tunze options and I came across this one. I like it because it is $120 dollars less than Ecotechs, saying that isn’t a factor wouldn’t be genuine. But I also like it as it is designed for nano tanks and controllable what you guys think?

I know one downside would be I would have to clean out the motor part of it, which wouldn’t be that big of a problem.

upload_2018-9-3_10-42-15.png
I love my 6055 great unit

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back