Older kessil models?

Ashibashi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi people. New and ignorant here. Been considering what light I will go with when I finally get my build up and running.

I light the sparkle of kessils a lot and I'm hoping I can set something up that will be good for anything I might eventually want to keep including the more difficult corals. The consensus on here seems to be LED/T5 hybrids.

I am a simple peasant and don't really need all the bells and whistles lately coming out, and all the bq800/qq9000 names of kessil lights have me confused.

Could you guys let me know what kessil models would be good over a 60-90 gallon, not the latest cutting edge but still perfectly serviceable?

Thanks!

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 350w blues If you can find them. I'm actually trying to sell my two. Two would be great for a three or 4 foot tank mixed tank

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea LED have a similar shimmer, built in controllability, and are much cheaper than Kessils. The spectrum is not as wide as Kessil, but T5 will fill in the gaps.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back