1   0   0
Nice job both of you!

IronChefItaly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow great job. Do they like lower light and low flow?

Similar to acans. Medium light around 50-100 par and medium flow seems to work well. They’re not too picky though.

Also wanted to say, great peice! I nearly lost a scoly while I was still figuring out my dosing schedule with two part and nopox. I kept dipping and clearing it of detritus and dead tissue then finally once conditions improved it made a full recovery - I was quite surprised! Very durable animals, don’t give up on them. Since then I’ve started collecting more. I have a pink, green and an ultra Aussie orange/yellow/pink/green one. Wanting to get a blue variant next

Last edited:

SamW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Full disclosure - I read the first post with a critical mindset and thought - there is no way that's coming back. How cool to read thru the thread and follow the success story(s). I love the tidbit about removing the piece for target feeding vs target feeding in the tank and fooling around with cutup plastic bottles that want to float away, shutting down the pumps, fighting off nassarius snails, aggressive shrimps , etc. makes perfect sense- remove it, pile on the reef roids and not worry about dirtying up the tank. Congrats on some high quality reef keeping!!!!

Cary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a photo from today 10/30/17 as you can see the mouth in the center is starting to form which was not there before and the outer rim where the tentacles are is forming, also the flesh is beginning to look thicker and more colorful.
Handle should be "Scoly Whisperer"

IMG_5539.JPG

OP
OP
Matthew Dambra

Matthew Dambra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's this guy today after a little over two weeks. It's really starting to take off. I cut back some of the dead skeleton along the back.
9533d6851d6b6c5dcec9378ea154c4e3.jpg

Looking good! not sure if i will try and cut back the skeleton kind of hoping that it will one day be healthy flesh

jsh mee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! not sure if i will try and cut back the skeleton kind of hoping that it will one day be healthy flesh
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about. I did it just because it was potruding out a lot on that side, and didn't seem to be growing out nearly as fast as it is from the side.

Segalplayer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey do you guys dose either of these products? I just picked them both up and used it for the first time tonight. Within 30 min my torch got nice and fluffy like they would at peak intensity, taking a time lapse of my brain coral opening back up and I can already see it’s feeders coming back out, zoos and fully open now. Very interested to see if it will help You guys on your scoly revives with the amino acid concentrate LPS.

e1a058b938d64c33ddaa55cd5cbde7a2.heic

OP
OP
Matthew Dambra

Matthew Dambra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey do you guys dose either of these products? I just picked them both up and used it for the first time tonight. Within 30 min my torch got nice and fluffy like they would at peak intensity, taking a time lapse of my brain coral opening back up and I can already see it’s feeders coming back out, zoos and fully open now. Very interested to see if it will help You guys on your scoly revives with the amino acid concentrate LPS.

e1a058b938d64c33ddaa55cd5cbde7a2.heic

I have never used these products, however i do dose acropower with my dosing pump. Acropower is more for Acros obviously but interested in if its also helping my LPS

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the best feeding response ive seen so far, the mouth looks to be almost fully recovered and starting to see some small tenticles from the inside outer rim of the coral! Target feeding with oyster feast, phytoplankton and LPS pellets. Moral is improving!
IMG_5542.JPG

What species of phytoplankton are you feeding? I'm curious because we are always looking to improve our products and highlight better uses. Thanks for using our Oyster-Feast.

Chad

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back