OP
OP
Matthew Dambra

Matthew Dambra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, I’ll try that forsure! How’s yours doing?

Its mouth seems to be reforming now after my wrasse damaged it, I'm secluding it in an egg crate cage and making sure it has consumed or i have washed all the food particles off it prior to placing it back in the tank. Hopefully once its mouth has fully healed it will begin replacing lost tissue

LV3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to share my progress with a scoly that was badly damaged several months ago. I was following this thread while trying to nurse my scoly back and appreciated the tips on getting these types of corals healthy again. The first pic was from March 7, 2018 and the second is from today.

I took it out of the display where a fish presumably had picked it apart and moved it into about 115 PAR in my frag tank in a low flow area. I fed it as much as I could. In the beginning it really didn’t have a mouth to feed so I fed it reef roids. As it began developing individual mouths, I switched to fauna Marin LPS pellets. I’m really happy it came back, it’s one of my favorites and a bright spot when I think about what we go through to keep these animals.

E49E233B-9B11-440C-8522-8D29F5286CBF.jpeg
B3DB4526-A0EE-46DB-9265-2E8E14878894.jpeg

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10/11/2017
The scoly seems to be doing better its colors are much brighter and more vibrant, the tissue decay appears to have stopped and the center mouth seems to be repairing it self. Hard to capture this in picture due to iPhone camera but it will be more and more apparent as it hopefully progresses back to being healthy.
IMG_5519.JPG
U had save that coral in a very impressive way. What can the perfect parameters will be on the water to help this corals get back into health? Also u mention something about remove the coral and put it separate for spot feeding, how did you do that and do u keep it thru the whole process separate? Any light or water movement,? Water change? Thanks

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its mouth seems to be reforming now after my wrasse damaged it, I'm secluding it in an egg crate cage and making sure it has consumed or i have washed all the food particles off it prior to placing it back in the tank. Hopefully once its mouth has fully healed it will begin replacing lost tissue

What happened to the scoly lol.

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to understand clearly what some of you are talking about. I have one Scoly too that i been trying to save however im new dealing with this type of corals and the pictures i have seen of sone has been awesome and recovery pretty fast but still no one as far has explain the steps to sucessfully save it, such as each step in order... Dipped, light, parameters, food how often , and so on.. Can somebody do this? I want to save mine but little lost on what or how to do. Thanks

speedieber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one I saved a few months back from a friend's tank that crashed. The recovery was so fast I could hardly believe it! The second pic is from just a few days ago.

6b261554b721b69a2d96298f99c0b4da.jpg

e4f8042b39d98dc0a3c62001b5d03ca8.jpg
Looks great... what steps did you take?

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one I saved a few months back from a friend's tank that crashed. The recovery was so fast I could hardly believe it! The second pic is from just a few days ago.

It is beautiful, I have a question: what’s the first step you take to save a scoly when hardly has any flesh left on it? I also hear that they don’t like direct light or string light, strong current and they like more been by the bottom or sand bed, can u talk a little about this I would love to learn as I have one that died on me and it was a big such loosing 150 bucks

speedieber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wonderful recovery... what steps did you take?

boazbassman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a warpaint that is retracting and i don't really know what else i can do other then feed it every few days. i was also wondering if a coral is pulling back of its skeleton, if it comes back we it return or is that part lost forever?

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dying bleeding apple..It started a week ago..I don't know if I over fed it or it had too much flow..I added more flow because I added a yellow tip acro. So I'm thinking too much flow was the problem and I also feed it too much last week because it spit most of the food out . It had some kind of pollups growing on it when I got it.. I thought that was what was irritating it so I took it out of the tank and gently scrubed the pollups off of it. Put some coral glue so they didn't grow back..now this scolly is more stressed..how do I save it. Please help

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back