Orphek customer service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have posted in the past about my satisfaction with Orphek customer service and product. I thought I should also post about my most recent experience.

I purchased an OR120 UV bar back in May of 2018. I was extremely happy with the product as well as the customer service. From my initial email, James my sales rep, was very fast to reply to the initial email and all subsequent questions along the way.

A couple days ago I came home and found my Orphek was not on. Looking at my Apex it showed no power draw from the light since 4pm that day

I sent an email off to James that evening and he quickly responded the following morning. He informed me that the light was past the 1 year factory warranty but did recommend that I check for DC voltage out of the power supply. I found none.

James offered to send me a new power supply at merely the cost of shipping which was about $13

Needless to say I am quite pleased with Orphek stepping up in this situation.

In a time where we have so many options for product and manufacturers I feel that customer service plays a huge role in which product we choose to buy.

I am definitely an Orphek customer and will continue to be a customer.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my orphek atlantek gen 2. Easy to upgrade if I want when it goes to gen 3. THat's what's great about them as I use to have a gen 1. Anyways, customer service is great but delayed because its emails sometimes. By far my favorite lights

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have had Nothing but Positive experience with them why I have 3 OR2 120 and 5 atlantics !!

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My personal experience with there customer service has been great. They have 2 of my lights now, replacing a few bad diodes.

corey

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was “Tommy G” that I was dealing with. He completely stopped communicating with me after I asked for a refund. He was always quick to respond practically all hours of the day.
Hi Tuffloud1 ,
I am happy that you got the light yesterday wow very fast and all good .:)
Happy reefing

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bayareareefer18

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update this thread. Unfortunately the replacement power supply didn't solve my issue. Turns out the fixture failed.
Orphek stepped up and offered me the new blue plus at a discounted rate. I am very happy with the new blue plus. Love the color. They also sent a nice lens kit along with it which was completely unexpected.

20191224_115249.jpg 20191224_115306.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back