Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ChuzUThisDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used one of these (minus the needle), a small ziptie, some flexible airline tubing and some rigid airline tubing and made a great coral feeder. Really inexpensive, but amazingly useful.
226254.jpg

OP
OP
buckroe07

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see it now...thanks for scooping up some flour for me. How did you know I need it? Lol

ChuzUThisDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pencil boxes are great for keeping small items together and multiple boxes stack nicely in the stand. I keep super glue, razor blades, gloves, brushes, green scouring pads, frag plugs, rubber bands, small spools of fishing line, and other need to have items in my pencil boxes.

Peter Blue Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IZLID's are good for zapping unwanted hitch hikers like aiptasia. They're also good for marking things on the ground for aircraft to observe and retail for around $5,500.00.

B.E.-MEYER-IZLID-1000P.jpg

OP
OP
buckroe07

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IZLID's are good for zapping unwanted hitch hikers like aiptasia. They're also good for marking things on the ground for aircraft to observe and retail for around $5,500.00.

B.E.-MEYER-IZLID-1000P.jpg

Does that really work? $5500, that's it? :eek:

JBradford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mental image I get is pretty funny. Is that really baking soda? Lol!

I had my just moving in new (cop) of a neighbor tell me nice bong when carrying my new to me fully assembled skimmer in the front door. I quickly brought him over and showed him the tank. lol

Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it when someone gets into the hobby they are told to get a myriad of things from sand to a swing arm hydrometer or even better a refractometer, skimmer, light, salt, cleaning magnet, etc, and never mention a SCALE?!:D now that I'm trying to be more precise, a lot, if not all the recommended amounts are in grams or kilograms! Luckily I have a food scale so no problem:)
From now on, when I help someone get into the hobby, I'm going to recommend a scale as part of their reefing arsenal, lol.

Anybody else have any overlooked, helpful devices that are hardly recommended?
I would add a measuring cup, and measuring spoons.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%

Back