Overlooked, really useful device

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never just throw food in my tank. Everything gets target fed from the hermit crabs, clingfish, shrimp, anemone crabs to the "normal" fish. Mandarins get their feeder filled, new born brine shrimp get sucked out of their hatchery to the feeder and bristle worms (when they get to big) get a ride down the drain :rolleyes:

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gfo instructions say 50 g treats 50 gallons, my salt says 3.95 kg or 140 Oz per 27 gallons, etc.

Brushes! Good one guys. What LFS recommends and sells brushes!lol:D

And Tupperwares or QT/treatment tanks? Geez, we would scare ppl away from the hobbyo_O
Order corals from Adam at battlecorals and the battlebrushes come with the frags!

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never just throw food in my tank. Everything gets target fed from the hermit crabs, clingfish, shrimp, anemone crabs to the "normal" fish. Mandarins get their feeder filled, new born brine shrimp get sucked out of their hatchery to the feeder and bristle worms (when they get to big) get a ride down the drain :rolleyes:

Conveniently for sale at Marine Depot :D

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48ebe0377657e1f68e87d4bf51391e12.jpg

OP
OP
buckroe07

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plastic gloves, pipettes, zip ties, straws, measuring cups and spoons, floor dryers, lasers? It doesn't even sound like were talking about reef tanks! Yeah, we definitely just confused and scared the ones just inquiring about starting a reef tank:cool::D

Peter Blue Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my just moving in new (cop) of a neighbor tell me nice bong when carrying my new to me fully assembled skimmer in the front door. I quickly brought him over and showed him the tank. lol

After you showed them your skimmer and system did you show them your actual nice bong?

vertigo01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plastic gloves, pipettes, zip ties, straws, measuring cups and spoons, floor dryers, lasers? It doesn't even sound like were talking about reef tanks! Yeah, we definitely just confused and scared the ones just inquiring about starting a reef tank:cool::D
More like a cavity search gone wrong.:eek:

FishLover01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A scale? What do you use that for?
And agreed on the brush lol
I would also suggest dedicated Tupperware containers. I use those so much for dipping and transferring things.
I agree with starting the hobby with Tupperware containers. I have four tanks and about 1/2 year ago, I had a 30 gallon freshwater tank to crack on the bottom. Had it not been for these containers, I would have lost all the fish. I got over half of the tank water into the container and added a airline and a heater. Took two hours to go and get another tank. Luckliy, every single fish survived. I also got lucky because my wife is a Tupperware rep-lol.

FishLover01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8175.PNG got rid of alot of zip ties and started using these alot easier to open when adding or removing wires and reusable forever. plus you can cut them to smaller lengths and width
Thanks. I have four tanks and have a problem with wiring organization. I'm going to get some of this velcro to help.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back