Papagimp's 58g Reef

papagimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everybody - figured a good first post would be one on my own tank. This is the first tank I've done up since getting back into the hobby recently. Took a few years off to concentrate on the new baby but now that he's starting to concentrate on our empty fish tanks.... booya!

papagimp-albums-58g-reef-picture19220-gedc0048.JPG

papagimp-albums-58g-reef-picture19221-gedc0026.jpg

Systems been up for a few months now. Cycled well, seeded a smidge, around 60lbs of rock, 60lbs of oolitic sand, 2 x Koralia #3's , 2 x Koralia #2's (on timer), 2 x T5HO (temp lighting to be replaced later with diy LED's), waiting on my Reef Octopus Nwb 150 to show up in the mail. Tossed together an ATS yesterday and tweeking with that a little. Mag 7 return.

Livestock so far: Pygmy Angelfish, black molly, and some beginner easy corals (gsp, kenya, shroomie, yellow polyps) just for testers. This will most likely end up being a Euphyllia dominated/LPS tank once the equipment is in place and lighting finished.

OP
OP
P

papagimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far, how many gallons is it?

:) as the title hinted... it's a 58 gallon :) w/ 20g sump.
It's definatly a nice start. We're being a little pickier on this current setup than we've ever been in the past, so getting decent equipment, plumbing it a little cleaner, and trying to do something with all these cables/plugs lol. This will also be my first attempt at utilizing an ATS system.

I did wind up changing out the clamp light for this bad boy
picture.php

it's a little tough to get the full picture of that bulb so heres a shot to show you the size of this thing ;)
it's a 68w CF spiral and about a foot long
picture.php

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

papagimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's all good lol, I know what it's like when you get surfing the fish forum ;)

Recent update: The Reef Octopus showed up today, so heres a new shot of my "Bubblenator" as well as a slight modificiation to the ATS, needed a union and a leak fixed.

picture.php

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back