Peroxide questions

rantipole

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2016
Messages
275
Reaction score
268
Location
new jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I recently sprayed peroxide over a live rock to rid myself of some algae. It worked really well. Now, I see some bubble algae growing in on my clove polyp and blue sponge rock. So two questions:

Will peroxide kill bubble algae?
Will peroxide hurt the sponge?

Thanks!

Cheers,
rant
 
No peroxide will not kill bubble algae. You have to pop it first (not in the tank) and then put on the peroxide for better redults but even that does not work 100 percent. Peroxide will harm the sponge.
 
Thank you. That's a drag. I'll have to figure something else out.

Cheers,
rant
 
What i would do is scrape the algae off as you do water change so all the spores siphon out. Do it every time you do a wc and slowly the bb algae will dissapear
 
I also have some bubble on a frag rock holding a kenya tree. If I scrape, rinse & soak the base in peroxide? I wonder . Probably best to remove it from the frag & attach to another.
I want to move this softy to another tank "without" introducing any bubble spores.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new