Phytoplankton how much and how often

29biotrial

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2015
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty much sock 29 corallife biocube. I have recently purchased phytoplankton. I guess my question is how much do I add and how often. What is the drawbacks of to much? And any other inf you think I may need. Thanks for your time.
 
Thanks for the info now I'm on the fence about it, lol. Anyone dose phytoplankton and what does it do to your parameters? And is it worth the trouble?
 
With additives as such your are adding to nutrients to the system which can lead to excess nutrients which can cause issues. These products can be very beneficial to your reef but you have to be careful and monitor your parameters. I find that dosing smaller amounts than the directions on the product is good starting point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new