• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Please help me i need a overflow cover

KTTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somone make me a cover for this that has weir/teeth coming down in front to stop fish from getting in my overflow?

20190825_130531.jpg

Chac317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out melevs reef. He makes polycarbonate overflow covers. I just got one for my tank. Not sure of your measurements but here is the link to check out

Hope this helps

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somone make me a cover for this that has weir/teeth coming down in front to stop fish from getting in my overflow?

20190825_130531.jpg

I can print something for you, but the quality of the end product 100% depends on your able to take precise measurements. Like not using a ruler- preferably using a caliper and providing a drawing.

OP
OP
K

KTTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can print something for you, but the quality of the end product 100% depends on your able to take precise measurements. Like not using a ruler- preferably using a caliper and providing a drawing.
Ok thanks. PM sent.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this request but for an eshopps HOB pf300 overflow cover. Would need a hole placed for the overflow tube to snugly fit into as well. Let me know if interested and i can get measurements going on this too. I have digital calipers.

41VYG1ve35L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this request but for an eshopps HOB pf300 overflow cover. Would need a hole placed for the overflow tube to snugly fit into as well. Let me know if interested and i can get measurements going on this too. I have digital calipers.

41VYG1ve35L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

If you can draw if, I can print it. Or optionally someone could send me one to make a perfect lid for and then return it

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot, I stated I would be able to help on another post you had put out as well but my printer has a 9.5" platform... Only way I could help would be to split the print and glue together. (We do this a lot in the 3D Print world.)

OP
OP
K

KTTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot, I stated I would be able to help on another post you had put out as well but my printer has a 9.5" platform... Only way I could help would be to split the print and glue together. (We do this a lot in the 3D Print world.)
PM sent. Thanks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what you are thinking? How far should this hang over? I have it 1" deep at this point....

Top.jpg

Last edited:

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Send Measurements and I will see if I can get it put into Sketchup, from there we can see if we can print it...

OP
OP
K

KTTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what you are thinking? How far should this hang over? I have it 1" deep at this point....

Top.jpg
Yes. That is perfect.

Anything to make sure snails can't go under weir? Maybe an 1/8 on bottom weir facing overflow.

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what you are thinking? Since we added the 1/8" I added an 1/8 to the back to extend the cover far enough to accommodate that lip... So from front to back is now

Lip Added.jpg

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lastly, please measure those corners again and get me as exact as you can for a measurement, are they really 3" on the button?

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is as exact as my computer can get... Let me know if it will work and I will put it into Cura and see how much plastic it will take to make.

Measurments.jpg

Billsw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is as exact as my computer can get... Let me know if it will work and I will put it into Cura and see how much plastic it will take to make.

Measurments.jpg
Im also interested in something like this to cover my overflows also. Any way you could message me or email me with prices

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back