• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Please help me i need a overflow cover

  • USA 
  • Thread starter Thread starter KTTX
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KTTX

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2015
Messages
292
Reaction score
109
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somone make me a cover for this that has weir/teeth coming down in front to stop fish from getting in my overflow?

20190825_130531.jpg
 
Can somone make me a cover for this that has weir/teeth coming down in front to stop fish from getting in my overflow?

20190825_130531.jpg

I can print something for you, but the quality of the end product 100% depends on your able to take precise measurements. Like not using a ruler- preferably using a caliper and providing a drawing.
 
I can print something for you, but the quality of the end product 100% depends on your able to take precise measurements. Like not using a ruler- preferably using a caliper and providing a drawing.
I can print something for you, but the quality of the end product 100% depends on your able to take precise measurements. Like not using a ruler- preferably using a caliper and providing a drawing.
Ok thanks. PM sent.
 
I second this request but for an eshopps HOB pf300 overflow cover. Would need a hole placed for the overflow tube to snugly fit into as well. Let me know if interested and i can get measurements going on this too. I have digital calipers.

41VYG1ve35L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
 
I second this request but for an eshopps HOB pf300 overflow cover. Would need a hole placed for the overflow tube to snugly fit into as well. Let me know if interested and i can get measurements going on this too. I have digital calipers.

41VYG1ve35L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

If you can draw if, I can print it. Or optionally someone could send me one to make a perfect lid for and then return it
 
Shoot, I stated I would be able to help on another post you had put out as well but my printer has a 9.5" platform... Only way I could help would be to split the print and glue together. (We do this a lot in the 3D Print world.)
 
Shoot, I stated I would be able to help on another post you had put out as well but my printer has a 9.5" platform... Only way I could help would be to split the print and glue together. (We do this a lot in the 3D Print world.)
PM sent. Thanks
 
Is this what you are thinking? How far should this hang over? I have it 1" deep at this point....

Top.jpg
 
Last edited:
I second this request but for an eshopps HOB pf300 overflow cover. Would need a hole placed for the overflow tube to snugly fit into as well. Let me know if interested and i can get measurements going on this too. I have digital calipers.

Send Measurements and I will see if I can get it put into Sketchup, from there we can see if we can print it...
 
Is this what you are thinking? How far should this hang over? I have it 1" deep at this point....

Top.jpg
Yes. That is perfect.

Anything to make sure snails can't go under weir? Maybe an 1/8 on bottom weir facing overflow.
 
Is this what you are thinking? Since we added the 1/8" I added an 1/8 to the back to extend the cover far enough to accommodate that lip... So from front to back is now

Lip Added.jpg
 
Lastly, please measure those corners again and get me as exact as you can for a measurement, are they really 3" on the button?
 
This is as exact as my computer can get... Let me know if it will work and I will put it into Cura and see how much plastic it will take to make.

Measurments.jpg
 
This is as exact as my computer can get... Let me know if it will work and I will put it into Cura and see how much plastic it will take to make.

Measurments.jpg
Im also interested in something like this to cover my overflows also. Any way you could message me or email me with prices
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new