Plumbing

Tatumj96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used that exact same tubing to plumb from my eshopps 300 overflow down to my sump. It's not as flexible as you think though. If you're gonna need more than just a little curvature, I'd probably use something else. Or maybe you could heat it to make bends, not sure if that's safe or would even work though...

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used that exact same tubing to plumb from my eshopps 300 overflow down to my sump. It's not as flexible as you think though. If you're gonna need more than just a little curvature, I'd probably use something else. Or maybe you could heat it to make bends, not sure if that's safe or would even work though...
That’s a good idea and it is safe and it works well. My buddy plumbed his whole tank with it and made some pretty tight bends by heating it up. It does get pretty rigid once it cools though

Tatumj96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I use a different clear tubing to return from the pump back to display. The clear tubing is unsightly with the algae and bacteria clinging to the inside of the tube. I'd probably use black if you can find it. It will prevent anything photosynthetic from growing inside and narrowing the inner diameter over time.

Tatumj96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly wish I used rigid PVC with screw fittings. You can't really clean this tubing unless you have a very long wire brush. Unglued PVC would be easier to disassemble for cleaning in sections. Or like I said, you could find a black color to prevent growth and the need to clean.

ThePlummer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use it, and it works fine for sweeping bends. However, if you have a very tight bend, you can simply cut it at the bend and add a elbow with barbed fittings and clamps to make tight turns. YMMV

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Hydroflex is more flexible then the Spaflex.

OP
OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys much appreciated brs seems to not care by helping there customers 5 emails and a phoen call no one would help

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would I just glu it in place to the connector?
Yeah it’s just tubing still so you’ve got to use barbed fittings and clamps. One of the guys that commented earlier had a good point. It is clear tubing and you will have photosynthesis to contend with I personally prefer to be able to see inside the tubing. There are ways to block the light so you’re not dealing with algae build up issues. Really just a preference but avoiding light is something you’ll want to keep in mind while routing it

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back