OP
OP
Francoreef

Francoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always just pop a MH/T5 combo pendant on it and be done with it. Awesome growth and coloration. $169 on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MH-24-Metal...953282?hash=item19f49a9302:g:k04AAOxyHE5Rse4O

;)
thanks this looks very promising, i was also looking at the bimi sun 150 or even the 250 for around 120 but if this lights has 25's as well i might run this with 3 blue plus and one purple plus from ati and throw a 14k on there :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: i should get good growth ( bye bye electric bill) What do you do about heat on a tank this size ????? fans??
I went from 1 hydra 52 hd over my 55 corner tank to that fixture and it's incredible. I changed to ati blue plus and a phoenix 14k. I needed at least 1 more hydra to get the coverage I really needed. My corals never did well. I am really happy with that mh/t5.
crazy you should say that because that was also an oppton but the fact that you went from that light to a mh says allot ( it is still the gold standard)

Hockeypunk1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks this looks very promising, i was also looking at the bimi sun 150 or even the 250 for around 120 but if this lights has 25's as well i might run this with 3 blue plus and one purple plus from ati and throw a 14k on there :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: i should get good growth ( bye bye electric bill) What do you do about heat on a tank this size ????? fans??

crazy you should say that because that was also an oppton but the fact that you went from that light to a mh says allot ( it is still the gold standard)
I noticed benefits almost overnight when I changed to my current setup. I could have bought another hydra 52 but for the price I thought I would try the ebay fixture. I miss the pop of the coral under the led but the growth and polyp extension has been worth it. I haven't had any heat issues at all. I also have an open top so I'm sure that's why. My electric bill didn't even go up that I could notice. I plan on running the hydra over a frag tank or using it for a new build of some kind. I do wish the ebay light had the single end so I could use the radium but the Phoenix 14k is pretty sweet. I plan to buy new bulbs during the black friday brs sale every year

OP
OP
Francoreef

Francoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed benefits almost overnight when I changed to my current setup. I could have bought another hydra 52 but for the price I thought I would try the ebay fixture. I miss the pop of the coral under the led but the growth and polyp extension has been worth it. I haven't had any heat issues at all. I also have an open top so I'm sure that's why. My electric bill didn't even go up that I could notice. I plan on running the hydra over a frag tank or using it for a new build of some kind. I do wish the ebay light had the single end so I could use the radium but the Phoenix 14k is pretty sweet. I plan to buy new bulbs during the black friday brs sale every year

Really that's awesome to hear I have a busy selling 2 kessil 160 for 100 I might run those as supplemental to make the CORAL pop

Hockeypunk1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really that's awesome to hear I have a busy selling 2 kessil 160 for 100 I might run those as supplemental to make the CORAL pop
That would be a great way to add some pop... I have a kessil 150 that I have on my qt tank. Here's a picture of what the tank looks like. Don't mind the diatoms on the glass I had a bad ro membrane that wasn't removing silicates. I'm also not a photographer and the picture doesn't really do the colors justice.
20170614_121240.jpg
20170614_121240.jpg

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can have good success with MH, T5's or LEDs. I've seen numerous awesome setups grown out with all three. Same with aquaculture facilities. Go with whatever has the features you want, pricing you can afford, and best peace of mind. My new tank I just set up is going to use Hydra 26 HD's. For me the price, control, easy of use, look, and coral growth capabilities fit my needs perfectly.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Francoreef

Francoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can have good success with MH, T5's or LEDs. I've seen numerous awesome setups grown out with all three. Same with aquaculture facilities. Go with whatever has the features you want, pricing you can afford, and best peace of mind. My new tank I just set up is going to use Hydra 26 HD's. For me the price, control, easy of use, look, and coral growth capabilities fit my needs perfectly.

Best of luck.
Thanks for the comment I guess at the end of the days it comes down to my personal preference and honestly I want growth and don t really like a blue tank so I think metal halide t5 combo or metal halide led combo would be my best best 8 hours of high intensity light a night with 3 hours of moonlight and I think I'll be good to go

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You may be able to get away with sump fans depending on the house temp. If not - chiller ;)

Back