pulling grimy marketing tricks right now.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. I’m by no ways defending BRS, just wanted to point out it was a change at all retailers. Buy where it is more effective and what you can afford.

Also not trying to go down the rabbit hole of economics, not my profession or anything, but I do work in insurance and markets, interest rates, and other factors are things I look at weekly. All those things impact rates set for goods at all levels and at the end the consumer buying power.
True all things are going up across the board and I don’t think they are trying any sort of slick stuff. I tried placing an order with BRS a few months back and the shipping was almost as much as the items. I know shipping a mr chile shirt does not cost that much lol.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except BRS offers free shipping on all orders over $49 lol
Not when I placed my order. It was free shipping over 49.00 if I used the financing. At least that’s how I understood it, I could be wrong though. And the mr chile shirt wasn’t 49 bucks. Maybe that was it. Either way it tuned me away from the idea.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some $200 Hydra 52 HDs will do everything that those lights can do. You should be more upset about them being hypemen than using predatory selling techniques to those that think that they can only be successful using the latest "thing". Jump off the bandwagon or fall in line... Next stop is your bank.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s free over $49 or $3 for standard delivery that’s pretty cheap if you ask me
Do they take the money off at checkout or something? My total included way higher shipping than 3 dollars. I’ll check it out again though. Thanks!

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS parent company that owns ecotech, ai, and neptune raised all the prices across the board on all products. Unfortunately they raised prices on already over priced equipment!

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some $200 Hydra 52 HDs will do everything that those lights can do. You should be more upset about them being hypemen than using predatory selling techniques to those that think that they can only be successful using the latest "thing". Jump off the bandwagon or fall in line... Next stop is your bank.

The sun is free and will do more than any of these lights. Why spend any money? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s free over $49 or $3 for standard delivery that’s pretty cheap if you ask me
IMG_0662.jpeg
This was my last cart. I wanted you to be right. My wife thought the Ryan Chile thing was hilarious lol.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I learn about this hobby and it's main players, the more jaded I get. It's wild that BRS has such a monopoly that they can demand 80% margins, because who else is there out there? They've eaten up all the competition at this point.
Competitors still exist, they just arent hyped or marketed as well.

Northern Flicker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stuff uses to be for free, lol. I think I have a trucker hat, towel and stickers somewhere.
I hope my wife shoots me if I ever start spending my money on dolls of reef youtube personalities or hoodies for BRS. That's when I know there's no coming back.

Back