pulling grimy marketing tricks right now.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So OP doesn't want to change title? I'm all for piling on when retailers try to pull fast ones but all I'm seeing is that the July price was never msrp, and even if so it would be a 17% increase (not 20%) which now sounds like 10% relative to prior msrp and they didn't just do it to drop the price for black Friday. Add to it that that they announced an increase ahead of time. So the whole premise for the angst is unfounded but no mea culpa. Buy some black box lights and call it a day.
End game is this for the TL: DR crowd.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s awesome about where I’m at is the free shipping goes UPS and instead of taking it to USPS for final delivery, UPS just keeps it since I have daily deliveries at work. So I get the 3 day for free every time
I miss getting my stuff delivered to work... Back when I worked for FedEx, we surprisingly got everything early like before 9 a.m. (regardless of shipping carrier).

Current employer puts out a occasional reminder that, NO our shipping/receiving is NOT for personal use as our aircraft stores clerks dont want to spend their shift mail room style delivering packages to desks and work areas!

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best part is 40% of the OP’s total posts are in this thread that was solely created to spread hate and false information
Then you wonder who they are shilling for? Or just crabby over the cost of lights. As I said in the beginning, you gotta pay to play or not. Dont cry about the price, no gun to your head saying you must buy!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup- google the “burrito index”.
The Burrito index doesn't account for the State mandated minimum wage costs, or does it? I know that my employer has not adjusted my wages inline with the changes to the minimum wage requirements.

But if things stay on track I won't be able to eat out at the Burrito Shack more than once a week. I may have to get a parking place at Taco Bell to dwell and eat at?

epic fail GIF by Tennis TV

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Burrito index doesn't account for the State mandated minimum wage costs, or does it? I know that my employer has not adjusted my wages inline with the changes to the minimum wage requirements.

But if things stay on track I won't be able to eat out at the Burrito Shack more than once a week. I may have to get a parking place at Taco Bell to dwell and eat at?

epic fail GIF by Tennis TV
Unfortunately no. it illuminates that the cost of goods (using the burrito as an example) are not inline with yearly reported inflation numbers as the price of a burrito has nearly tripled since 2001 (not to mention the “shrinkflation” side of things).

In San Diego we don’t consider Taco Bell Mexican food :)

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately no. it illuminates that the cost of goods (using the burrito as an example) are not inline with yearly reported inflation numbers as the price of a burrito has nearly tripled since 2001 (not to mention the “shrinkflation” side of things).

Taco Bell isn’t even food lol.

Cina05

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my eye on a couple lights from BRS. In particular the AI blades and Radion XR30. From screen shot in July the XR30 was 854.00 it is now 999.00 blade was 215.99 now 264.99

…. Just in time for Black Friday sales where they can now advertise 20% off discounts and still get their old pricing and now everyone is stuck paying 20% more from now on if you don’t hit a sale…. Grimy move BRS.

Also now I am forced to wait for Black Friday when I need my lights now as I’m finally ready to purchase. Double annoying.

I know everything is getting more expensive but 20% mark up overnight?!

I think that's just inflation, unfortunately. I bought a tunze wavebox at the end of Sep. And found out that it went on sale this month for $50 off. I wrote to them and asked if they could possibly do a price adjustment for me, and they did. I've only been in Saltwater for a few years, but I've only had good experiences with BRS, and their prices were always on par with the market. Sometimes cheaper, and at least you get BRS points to use towards future purchases.

This hobby is just expensive when we want the nice, new gadgets for our tanks. Maybe you can find them open box, or slightly used from another hobbyist?

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prices are all over the place and fluctuating all the time. Constant sales going on shaving 10-20% off dry goods. Euphyllia at one LFS had most prices cut 30-60% one week and back up 4 days later. Haven’t seen a blue Hippo under $120 for some time and today LFS had a sale with them for $50. At a certain point you learn to roll with it, buy from other reefers, and realize lights are the biggest costs and are half the cost or less in the various forums or marketplaces.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Prices are all over the place and fluctuating all the time. Constant sales going on shaving 10-20% off dry goods. Euphyllia at one LFS had most prices cut 30-60% one week and back up 4 days later. Haven’t seen a blue Hippo under $120 for some time and today LFS had a sale with them for $50. At a certain point you learn to roll with it, buy from other reefers, and realize lights are the biggest costs and are half the cost or less in the various forums or marketplaces.
What is interesting is that if one asks, or buys a little more like 3 frags instead of 1, etc - one can often get a (perhaps small, perhaps big) discount. It never hurts to ask.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I understand the reality that Taco Bell is Purina People Food infused with S.A. Spices and served inside a tortilla in under 2 minutes. TB, McD’s, Starbucks and so many others are American Industrial Energy establishment’s foisting artificial nutrition upon the eager participants in a longitudinal health study to determine the impacts of food additives and ingredients upon the consumer. Get the App, swipe your card and participate in the savings.

The same industrialization models are also driving the on line markets to control the hobby, and our thoughts are monitored with the input devices that we are using to communicate our dissatisfaction with the society we are creating. How many tortillas would it cost to get a light made in China? :thinking-face:

Nothing beats mom’s homemade tortillas. I learned that when I watched my friends grandmother grinding corn with a mortar and pestle and hand tossing those little tortillas she was cooking. Just outside their home was a Jack in the Box “Restaurant.” Right off the 210 in Pasadena where I lived back then. And the best goes ono_O:smiling-face-with-sunglasses::squinting-face-with-tongue:

Beat does not equal best, I am so tired of correcting this phone as it redirects my thoughts to protect the innocent. (Toook 3 tries to make this edit-: )

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOW DARE YOU DISPARAGE TACO BELL!!!

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the reality that Taco Bell is Purina People Food infused with S.A. Spices and served inside a tortilla in under 2 minutes. TB, McD’s, Starbucks and so many others are American Industrial Energy establishment’s foisting artificial nutrition upon the eager participants in a longitudinal health study to determine the impacts of food additives and ingredients upon the consumer. Get the App, swipe your card and participate in the savings.

The same industrialization models are also driving the on line markets to control the hobby, and our thoughts are monitored with the input devices that we are using to communicate our dissatisfaction with the society we are creating. How many tortillas would it cost to get a light made in China? :thinking-face:

Nothing beats mom’s homemade tortillas. I learned that when I watched my friends grandmother grinding corn with a mortar and pestle and hand tossing those little tortillas she was cooking. Just outside their home was a Jack in the Box “Restaurant.” Right off the 210 in Pasadena where I lived back then. And the best goes ono_O:smiling-face-with-sunglasses::squinting-face-with-tongue:

Beat does not equal best, I am so tired of correcting this phone as it redirects my thoughts to protect the innocent. (Toook 3 tries to make this edit-: )
Cheers to your mom’s home cooking. Well said and I agree with the insights oh-and I’m likely stealing the “purina people food” line :)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:smiling-face-with-sunglasses: Cheers to your mom’s home cooking. Well said and I agree with the insights oh-and I’m likely stealing the “purina people food” line :)
Jack in the box was at one time owned by Ralston Purina. They had an industrial plant that looked like a refinery in San Diego and when you drove by the neighborhood smelled like Jumbo Jacks.

Corner of
Balboa and Ruffin Rd, they may have put air scrubbers on the plant cause it doesn’t smell like a burger anymore?

So the people chow is from history as much as poetry. Glad to provide you with content

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jack in the box was at one time owned by Ralston Purina. They had an industrial plant that looked like a refinery in San Diego and when you drove by the neighborhood smelled like Jumbo Jacks.

Corner of
Balboa and Ruffin Rd, they may have put air scrubbers on the plant cause it doesn’t smell like a burger anymore?

So the people chow is from history as much as poetry. Glad to provide you with content
Appropriately located near the dump :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back