OP
CaptainOver

CaptainOver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last update for android was April 9th....
Sure, but how about the device firmware? I looked yesterday and there was an icon showing that my devices needed to update. Updated all 3 and then the schedule started having issues.

Sebi8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,
I'm from Germany having the same Problems.
Everyday the Lights don't follow my Shedule at least for one time.
Sometimes one Light don't follow and sometimes both.
Really dissapointed with that and when im at work i can not always push the Reset-Botton.

Does anybody know when the Mobius-App will get an upgrade? Because with this issues my tank can not run in the future...

Sebi8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't think so... also tried to program my schedule with another Smartphone but same problems.
This morning one moonlight was still running, the other light was off..

Or what do you mean with another problem?

Gordonm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't think so... also tried to program my schedule with another Smartphone but same problems.
This morning one moonlight was still running, the other light was off..

Or what do you mean with another problem?
Did u update to there latest last month? They also had a firmware update just recently.

Sebi8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, i haven't done an updated. Bought the lights just last week.

The Radion doesn't Upgrade for itselve right? i have to push a Botton-Kombination right?

Gordonm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just go to the app and check for the latest update which was April 9. Then on your phone when you sign in to mobius ,as someone previously mentioned, there is an icon i believe in settings that shows a firmware update.

eddius_maximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since that recent light update, my lights are possessed. They were running smoothly prior. Now, I wake up to them on full blast. Or they'll stop mid-schedule, freeze at the maximum par, and remain that way until I notice and reboot them. Sometimes, 3 of them will follow the schedule while the remaining 2 won't. Or sometimes 4 will follow the schedule while 1 doesn't.

Just now, my lights are scheduled to come on at 6:30am. I had to reboot them all in order for them to start the schedule as the fish tank room was pitch black at 6:40am.

What's going on with these lights?

I get that there are financial reasons to rush a release. I get that as first adopters there will be hiccups. But it becomes concerning when a 400 gallon tank filled to the brim with expensive acropora all of a sudden gets an 18 hour light period because the lights don't turn off and I'm not around to notice.

Fix this, guys.

slayertx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry your having that problem, I went back to confirm and mine don't seem to have that bug.

Screenshot_20200505-010320_Apex Fusion.jpg

MelReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting a little hurt watching you lot massacre my boy(the radions). My gen 4 xr30 never makes a peep and for what it’s worth I am very happy with my purchase. My corals are thriving and I am content.

RayDRoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I recently replaced 2 radion gen 2s with 2 xr15 gen 5 pros. No issues w/ mobius or fan noise. Corals are doing great. Although, one of my gen 5s had hairline cracks on the case at 2 of the torque screws. I emailed ecotech yesterday no reply yet.

RayDRoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I recently replaced 2 radion gen 2s with 2 xr15 gen 5 pros. No issues w/ mobius or fan noise. Corals are doing great. Although, one of my gen 5s had hairline cracks on the case at 2 of the torque screws. I emailed ecotech yesterday no reply yet.
Quick followup, Ecotech responded, and sending me new parts. :)

RayDRoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with that.
I contacted them over 6 weeks ago and was promised parts.
Haven't seen anything yet
They just sent me a parts receipt, and Fedx tracking #. I hope they take care of you soon.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just sent me a parts receipt, and Fedx tracking #. I hope they take care of you soon.
See, echotech’s not that bad
For the price paid, why do you have to disassemble a brand new item yourself to repair it? What kind of compensation does the company give for self repair work? I’d say everyone needs to stick to the Gen4’s till all the unpaid Beta testers have worked the bugs out of them.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For the price paid, why do you have to disassemble a brand new item yourself to repair it? What kind of compensation does the company give for self repair work? I’d say everyone needs to stick to the Gen4’s till all the unpaid Beta testers have worked the bugs out of them.
I agree completely.
I brought up the same on a thread I posted. Why should we have to do the repairs on new in the box products.
But I was a little shocked at how many thought this was nothing, just as long as they had the latest and greatest product from ETM.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree completely.
I brought up the same on a thread I posted. Why should we have to do the repairs on new in the box products.
But I was a little shocked at how many thought this was nothing, just as long as they had the latest and greatest product from ETM.
Some accuse me of being some sort of EcoTech hater for saying such things. I don’t hate them at all they have made good products. I’m just pointing out what should be an evident observation. Some want to be able to say they are the first to have the newest and greatest product to be released. Which is fine if that’s what you want. But, I think for what you are paying for to have such things it should work properly. I don’t understand why people in this hobby are ok with getting new releases that have all these issues. It should have been found in the testing. A few random bugs that show up here and there, but full on most of the users? Having to disassemble a new product from the box for being cracked? The customers have become the testers and the world excepts it. And it’s not just with aquarium products sadly.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back