Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive kicked around RAP NY for the past couple years but haven't made one yet. Whats the date this year?

@RichtheReefer21 I must've missed something....You shutting it down, moving or both?

Haven't been here all that much lately and have many threads to find and catch up on. Im a terrible forum friend lately.

I'm moving out west, but not right now. The entire tank system will be sold or I will piece it out.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Memorial Day all! Let the grilling begin. New addition to the deck today to replace my small busted smoker boo yah excited steaks ribs chicken gonna give the new gal a workout!

upload_2019-5-25_13-30-36.png

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Memorial Day all! Let the grilling begin. New addition to the deck today to replace my small busted smoker boo yah excited steaks ribs chicken gonna give the new gal a workout!

upload_2019-5-25_13-30-36.png

Niiiiice. I want a smoker, bad.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to the salt side. Have you seen this fish? Another fish missing yesterday. McCloud Ramirez and Kurgan were getting along fine no aggression and now Ramirez is missing. Suspects? Maroon clown is top of my list with the 10 inch LTA buddy :(
upload_2019-5-27_10-6-35.jpeg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I need to start feeding the nem a bit more. I dropped a bit of clam and it snapped closed in a hurry! No fish in tank would have much chance with that kinda action. Amazing how fast it closed up and worked the bit to its mouth. If he got Ramirez at least that was a 5 dollar snack...........
Other than losing CBB and Ramirez tank is looking pretty good and found orange oxide zoa growing (of course in back of tank) glad didn’t lose em all awesome color on them.
Keep salty my friends back to my grilling I go :)

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All caught up now, bummed about the CBB... Ive only tried to keep one once and it didn’t make it 72 hours. it seemed to be going so well for you, something must’ve gotten him :( I personally won’t try another until I can add it early on before any Tangs. I think I smell the smoker going from here!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green chromis are famous for killing each other until there is only one, like Highlander, "There can be only one" ;)
I’ve read that keeping them well fed can stop them from offing each other. They get fed a few times a day just a cpl pellets to ensure only they are getting em an eating every bit. I’ve not seen any aggression between them but certainly possible. They may have been more peacefully inclined when half their current size? Will see if McCloud or Kurgan survives place your bets!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All caught up now, bummed about the CBB... Ive only tried to keep one once and it didn’t make it 72 hours. it seemed to be going so well for you, something must’ve gotten him :( I personally won’t try another until I can add it early on before any Tangs. I think I smell the smoker going from here!
Thanks losing the CBB hurt a lot. Was getting pretty proud fattening him up and hitting 7 + weeks. I won’t try another unless it’s in a tank just for him then a cpl peaceful roommates.
And that smell is Mesquite and a bit of Cherry word working three racks o ribs ;) time for some mop sauce to keep em moist muahahaha

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man o man got to testing today behind schedule :( bad news didn’t maintain DKH with dose I was on...... good news wasn’t horrible and Ca and mag had some movement down that registered in line with alk drop so feel like dosing Ca to alk has been the right thing to do to get these three in line for consumption.
Got thru a couple days without losing anything if you don’t count the stuff Sanford the urchin prys off my GallDarn rocks and drags around the tank.......was cute and funny in the beginning not so much now :mad:

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man o man got to testing today behind schedule :( bad news didn’t maintain DKH with dose I was on...... good news wasn’t horrible and Ca and mag had some movement down that registered in line with alk drop so feel like dosing Ca to alk has been the right thing to do to get these three in line for consumption.
Got thru a couple days without losing anything if you don’t count the stuff Sanford the urchin prys off my GD rocks and drags around the tank.......was cute and funny in the beginning not so much now :mad:

Are any of them glued? Or is he popping frags out of plug holes u have them resting in?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks losing the CBB hurt a lot. Was getting pretty proud fattening him up and hitting 7 + weeks. I won’t try another unless it’s in a tank just for him then a cpl peaceful roommates.
And that smell is Mesquite and a bit of Cherry word working three racks o ribs ;) time for some mop sauce to keep em moist muahahaha
Aw, I am so sorry you lost the cbb.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1

CBB are tough, I tried three different ones and couldn’t get any of them through QT and into my tank alive. Finally gave up and ordered one from humblefish, pre-QT’d.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty it was a sad one to take

Tank is really coming along nicely, love the gorgs!
Thanks for the abuse and mistakes made still pretty happy with the box of water
:)The gorgs are a fav atm great color and some motion. Plus they seem to be a coral that likes my dirty tank lol

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty it was a sad one to take

Thanks for the abuse and mistakes made still pretty happy with the box of water
:)The gorgs are a fav atm great color and some motion. Plus they seem to be a coral that likes my dirty tank lol

Ray have u considered any wrasses as options or u looking for grazers to help with upkeep on the green stuff?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

CBB are tough, I tried three different ones and couldn’t get any of them through QT and into my tank alive. Finally gave up and ordered one from humblefish, pre-QT’d.
Was that your CBB he posted a video of a few weeks back?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back