OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray! Happy reefing friend! The anemone behavior is fascinating isn't it? I am looking forward to having one again.
Nems are awesome. I tried a BTA on other side of tank but Maroon clown rubbed it out of existence! Crazy aggressive hosting it. I would love a small nem only tank down the road.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Sunday all, Friday was big WC and cleaned sand bed in da and sump. Was wicked lazy today bug got the skimmer done and mounting for us then hit the recliner. I’ve got 15 gal salt that I’m going to take rocks out to give a scrubbing that will wait till early next week. DT looks big better fish are all doing awesome tho! The cardinals are pigs. Couldn’t believe they grabbed chunks of fish frenzy that were for clown to feed nem and bolted! Big chunk hanging from their mouths they reminded me off our dogs running away with a bone to chew and hide lol. Cpl pics cause why not pics are better than reading my ramblings

A75FCF6B-A9F6-408E-A695-0403E8D7988E.jpeg 4EA3B201-BDA2-4BE8-841B-868B118AA1E2.jpeg 10B33215-D780-4350-BC9E-6D0389889B84.jpeg 1838F4D9-B3B8-4203-89E1-9C65BF68E369.jpeg 4BBF6B7D-A2F5-495D-87E1-082A1A0C854F.jpeg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raege that clownfish looks big, all fish are pigs ;Cow

Does the clown bite you when you put your hand in the tank?
That maroon is vicious! He defends the entire tank against my hand. 4 foot away he comes at me. It’s wife’s fish I would trade for a pair of da Vinci’s but all I can do us wait for old age lol

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That maroon is vicious! He defends the entire tank against my hand. 4 foot away he comes at me. It’s wife’s fish I would trade for a pair of da Vinci’s but all I can do us wait for old age lol

I'll need to find a home for my pair around the end of winter. ;)

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is your wife’s then buddy, I think you need a glove, perhaps she is telling the fish to give you hard time. lol

My clownfish once bit me in between the fingers and ouch ! I wished to catch him and exile him to the LFS !

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salutations and greeting folks Friday looks like a good day for reefing. @Scurvy hooked me up like a tow truck and ato is jamming ;) That manual work daily isn’t for me.
Friday 200 gallons of tropic marin probiotic salt arrives along with some probiotic pellet food. Looking forward to trying this salt out. Interested for the health and tank effects that are possible but even if this isn’t the case the peace of mind from using pharmaceutical grade stuff will be nice.
Tank is a bit better each week fish are happy so I’m happy.
The nem is looking good? It’s still looking like two but can’t see mouths to confirm but it’s in a figure 8 still with the Maroon clown favoring the lower section/part.
Still some rock removal scrubbing to do then it’s mixing a huge batch of TM salt for epic water change. I’ve got two brutes ready to go just need to get first mixing then get rodi made for second.
I’m thinking of just about sucking the sump dry 34 gallon minus mud equipment figure 18 to 20 gallons to dump there then rest from display 35 to 40 gallons
Key is going to be the darn old rocks I used from original craigslist buy. They sat outside for who knows how long and even tho they presoaked / cleaned before going to DT to start cycle think I needed more.

I’m thinking the rocks are the bane of my tank the guy was very proud of his rock being Vanuatu rock but I was noobish and didn’t get a good enough cleaning perhaps before getting em tanked. I have considered buying liverock doing a full cure and seed then replacing the scape will see what brushing out of tank blowing em off before return does and go from there.

Stay salty and stay tuned fingers crossed to have it all done by Sunday life permitting then pic bomb

Back