Red sea led?

Mattyice572

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i am trying to get myself some led lights for black friday and was interested in the red sea leds. I have a 75 gal and plan on doing some sps near the top maybe going as far as half way down the tank and was wondering if anyone had these lights. Theres is a model 50 and model 90 i was hoping i could get away with running 2 of the 50 models. Any thoughts??

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a single 90 with 4 T5s over a 116. (36"x30"x25"). So far I am very impressed with the light. The shimmer is very similar to a MH and the SPS responded right away to quality of light. Polyp that were dormant are open and feeding once again.
2 would provide plenty of coverage on a 75. However I would opt for the 90s and just dial them down. You could grow anything you want. The LFS I go to has been using them for a while and their results have been incredible.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the 75g, you should go with the 90s. I bought an Red Sea Max E-170 for my daughter and it came with the 90. It's very easy to set up the prgramming and the light is very nice. I had some corals, trumpets and acans that were bleaching under my AI Hydra 26 HDs and we put them into my daughters E-170, and lo and behold!! They came back with very vibrant colors! So, I highly recommend the 90s.

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go 2x 90s if you go for red sea. Better to have the power when you start adding more SPS. Having two will prevent the single point shading effect.

I have one in a Reefer 170 and its not quite enough to reach half way down for SPS, so I added 4 T5s above for a hybrid which also reduces shading.

DREED

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the 75g, you should go with the 90s. I bought an Red Sea Max E-170 for my daughter and it came with the 90. It's very easy to set up the prgramming and the light is very nice. I had some corals, trumpets and acans that were bleaching under my AI Hydra 26 HDs and we put them into my daughters E-170, and lo and behold!! They came back with very vibrant colors! So, I highly recommend the 90s.
Where do you run the set point for you blues and whites?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back