Red sea led?

Mattyice572

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey guys i am trying to get myself some led lights for black friday and was interested in the red sea leds. I have a 75 gal and plan on doing some sps near the top maybe going as far as half way down the tank and was wondering if anyone had these lights. Theres is a model 50 and model 90 i was hoping i could get away with running 2 of the 50 models. Any thoughts??

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a single 90 with 4 T5s over a 116. (36"x30"x25"). So far I am very impressed with the light. The shimmer is very similar to a MH and the SPS responded right away to quality of light. Polyp that were dormant are open and feeding once again.
2 would provide plenty of coverage on a 75. However I would opt for the 90s and just dial them down. You could grow anything you want. The LFS I go to has been using them for a while and their results have been incredible.

Phil D.

View Badges
Reaction score
With the 75g, you should go with the 90s. I bought an Red Sea Max E-170 for my daughter and it came with the 90. It's very easy to set up the prgramming and the light is very nice. I had some corals, trumpets and acans that were bleaching under my AI Hydra 26 HDs and we put them into my daughters E-170, and lo and behold!! They came back with very vibrant colors! So, I highly recommend the 90s.

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Go 2x 90s if you go for red sea. Better to have the power when you start adding more SPS. Having two will prevent the single point shading effect.

I have one in a Reefer 170 and its not quite enough to reach half way down for SPS, so I added 4 T5s above for a hybrid which also reduces shading.

DREED

View Badges
Reaction score
With the 75g, you should go with the 90s. I bought an Red Sea Max E-170 for my daughter and it came with the 90. It's very easy to set up the prgramming and the light is very nice. I had some corals, trumpets and acans that were bleaching under my AI Hydra 26 HDs and we put them into my daughters E-170, and lo and behold!! They came back with very vibrant colors! So, I highly recommend the 90s.
Where do you run the set point for you blues and whites?

How do you keep your aquarium temperatures down during the hot months?

• Fan

Votes: 177 35.2%
  • Chiller

Votes: 82 16.3%
  • No need

Votes: 207 41.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 37 7.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors