Reintroducing Myself to R2R!

CiCikl85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All! I have been In the hobby for many years and I am located in Thomasville NC and have had an account for a long time, but have never participated to much on R2R other than stealing everyone else's ideas and implementing them into my own tanks (sorry). I have always participated in local forums and personally I have noticed that my local forum seemed to "die off" and are not as active as they use to be. A few months ago I decided to try and involve myself a bit more on the local forum and today I tried to create an account on R2R and noticed I already had an account that was created several years ago...

A little about my tank:

I currently have a 60 cube that was set up 2 years ago when we bought our new house. I knew I wanted a larger tank but was unsure which route I wanted to go, I have had many other tanks from 220 gallons to small biocube and I just didn't know what size I wanted and I found a heck of a deal on the 60 cube so went ahead and set it up knowing I'm going to upgrade in the future. I have had nothing but headaches with this tank, mainly a busy life and poor husbandry on my part but here recently it has turned the corner and is thriving, it is a mixed reef w/ mostly LPS and some SPS but I have been thinning the LPS down to get ready for the new 90 SCA Build which I will Start a Build thread for later. Lighting is a 6x24 ATI Sunpower, has a custom 3 compartment acrylic sump that holds roughly 20 gallons of water, return is a Waveline DC2500, and circulation pump is a Maxspect Gyre XF130, GHL 2.1 SA 4 head doser dosing ESV 2 part and vinegar, Skimmer is a Eshopps Axium 160, and I run a BRS single Reactor with Premium Aquatics Bulk GFO, also use a BRS 5 Stage RO/DI unit, and Red Sea Blue Bucket Salts. My Main Complaint with the 60 Cube is there is no space in cabinet under tank, and will not be a issue with new build!

I look forward to being apart of the this great community on R2R!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
tumblr_o3y4pherIa1s3h43ko1_500.gif

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to R2R, even though you were never gone:D:D

Congratulation on the new build and looking forward to seeing both builds:)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home again, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your tank with lots of photos!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef!

"but have never participated to much on R2R other than stealing everyone else's ideas and implementing them into my own tanks (sorry)."

Never be "Sorry" for that! It's how we all have learned in this hobby and it's what it's all about, learning and sharing!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.2%
Back