Reverse Durso help...

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
835
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm trying to tweak my reverse durso in an attempt to quiet the tank down so my wife won't kick my *** :p

I swapped out the 1.5" piping to 2" piping and it made it a bit quieter. Here is the current setup...

utf-8BSU1BRzAwNTQuanBn.jpg


And here's how high up it is... (purple marker line is water line to help. Salt spray is from old setup :()

utf-8BSU1BRzAwNTYuanBn.jpg


So couple questions... Should I make the pipe that goes into the water longer to help with bubbles? Also if I raised up the durso by turning the T circled below 90 degrees so it's parallel with the water and up about 2"-3" would that help with noise as well?

utf-8BSU1BRzAwNTQuanBn-1.jpg


Also would it help to put more holes in the cap? Currently I just have one...

TIA...
 
Can you take a picture that shows a little more? It might help other point something else out that could be happening....
I have found that one breathe hole in the cap is never enough. I add a few holes 1) it makes it quieter 2) I don't have to worry about saltcreep
I also try not to use 90 degree elbows whenever possible as they restrict flow. Use 45's whenever possible and you should notice it's a little more quiet. This might take care of your problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new