OP
OP
Schmitty

Schmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. Curious at what intensity you are running your kessil at? How much space do you have between your tank and wall for that kessil mounting arm? I'm currently running the Kessil A360we and starting to convert the tank to a BTA tank. Do your nems seem to like the Kessil?

Mine currently is at 65% but Im in the midst of raising it 5% increments every 1.5 months til it dials in how I want. The anemone like it ok, but I think they might want more intensity. Its kind of a work in progress, experimenting with what works for everything

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine currently is at 65% but Im in the midst of raising it 5% increments every 1.5 months til it dials in how I want. The anemone like it ok, but I think they might want more intensity. Its kind of a work in progress, experimenting with what works for everything
I'm currently running mine at 65% for 8 hours with a 1 hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down. This is on IM Fusion 50g 16" deep. I also use the IM screen and I'm starting to think it blocks a lot of light

OP
OP
Schmitty

Schmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running mine at 65% for 8 hours with a 1 hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down. This is on IM Fusion 50g 16" deep. I also use the IM screen and I'm starting to think it blocks a lot of light

Yes, I have an IM 40 and when Im home and the lights on, I take the screen off... My LFS said I could bump up the light close to 100%, but Id rather go slow and low then bleach it out... Bumping up to 70% today and yes I ramp mine up and down an hour too

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, BRS did a study recently that showed screens will only block ~5% of the light.

OP
OP
Schmitty

Schmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEONCANDYCANE.jpg

Here's a shot of my new neon green candy cane right behind the rose anemone on the left... you can also see part of my acan on the right... just dropped my light half an inch in hopes of seeing solme new growth on the zoas and acans... out of focus in the middle is my new RASTA zoa with three heads....

OP
OP
Schmitty

Schmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. Curious at what intensity you are running your kessil at? How much space do you have between your tank and wall for that kessil mounting arm? I'm currently running the Kessil A360we and starting to convert the tank to a BTA tank. Do your nems seem to like the Kessil?

The kessil is about 8.5 inches above the water and I have it ramping up and out for an hour between 8 hours of 65% intensity

OP
OP
Schmitty

Schmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO here's my tank currently. Still need to get rid of at least one Frogspawn. Looking for suggestions on things to add. I really want something for the back left side behind the red mushrooms... and looking forward to the zoas growing and adding more as well.

40g.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank, excellent invert placement, that Duncan is the bomb.

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO here's my tank currently. Still need to get rid of at least one Frogspawn. Looking for suggestions on things to add. I really want something for the back left side behind the red mushrooms... and looking forward to the zoas growing and adding more as well.

40g.jpg
Tank looks great. What mode and speed are you running that mp10 on?

OP
OP
Schmitty

Schmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4318.jpg

Overview of tank, yes the anemone split again, now I got four. Duncans are going NUTS, Frogspawn healthy and just got a bunch of SPS from Joey in Hayward. You can see the Bubblegum upper right and the slimer green acro and Red Planet in back from CoralReefer. Pesci the Clown is loving life... I also added a yasha goby and pistol shrimp last week which I havent seen since I added....Now if I could get some growth out of my zoas!
IMG_4328.jpg

I finally let my guard down and got some GSP... hopefully it doesnt take over the tank
IMG_4320.jpg

Red Planet, Red Digi, a Electric lime birds nest and German Blue Digi—gonna have to move a piece or two to give more space. Suggestions?
IMG_4324.jpg

Sunny D frags hopefully will start sprouting
IMG_4325.jpg

Neon candy cane got a new position in tank
IMG_4319.jpg

Yes, that's a Poker Star monti...
IMG_4322.jpg

Purple hornets are coming along nicely...
IMG_4326.jpg

Not the best photo of the green slimer, hoping it's healthy. This is my first go at acros and sps... Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

REEF_0823.2017.jpg

OP
OP
Schmitty

Schmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BubbleGumDigi.jpg
GermanBlueDigi.jpg
ZoaGarden.jpg
IMG_9215.jpg
IMG_9214.jpg

Been a while since I posted, here's some new zoas and SPS Ive added. Had a good weekend of rearranging the rock formation and trading away some of my anemone

OP
OP
Schmitty

Schmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nems loved the Kessil, so much that they split several times I sold 4 of them because one is plenty in my 40g. The kessil is about 8inches off the water.

OP
OP
Schmitty

Schmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having issues keeping the tank thriving... I had a bubble algae problem, added some Vibrant and my zoas have never been the same... You know how it goes what ever is struggling is the thing you want most to succeed. Well now Im possessed to get the zoas to thrive...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back