OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I never really considered corals growing in their holding tanks/tubs. No idea why the light bulb never went off... I guess I just assumed theyd be angry about the move and changes. Anyway, a few look better than they did in the old display with noticeable growth. I really dont want to think about dosing these tubs and tanks by hand so I think Ill resort to 5g water changes twice a week.

Crappy photo’s ahead.

95EBA36A-8638-4F63-A5C0-5AB3AEE0802A.jpeg
3CC87ACB-4744-49E4-9F5F-A76F6337B2B1.jpeg

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And we may be stalking the wrasse a bit in search of the perfect POTM shot. Too bad theres no background color but I got some good ones.

1st up the FatHead - I know not a Wrasse but I love saying FatHead and he/she’s gorgeous!

5C5F8D17-9824-41B0-AD9F-52C9DE556716.jpeg

Last edited:

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share the settings you use on your Galaxy again?

Usually it's just pro mode, 10000K and vivid.

Sometimes for photographing fast fish, and freezing moving polyps, I move the shutter speed up.

images.png

You'll have to play with it and aperature to get the picture to look right. The quicker your shutter, the less light that gets to the sensor and the darker your picture will be.

Shutter-speed-and-exposure-brightness.jpg

I'm no photographer but a faster shutter will give a sharper, but darker image. Aperture is how much light is let into the photo lens. So increasing the aperture can brighten up a quick shutter speed.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually it's just pro mode, 10000K and vivid.

Sometimes for photographing fast fish, and freezing moving polyps, I move the shutter speed up.

images.png

You'll have to play with it and aperature to get the picture to look right. The quicker your shutter, the less light that gets to the sensor and the darker your picture will be.

Shutter-speed-and-exposure-brightness.jpg

I'm no photographer but a faster shutter will give a sharper, but darker image. Aperture is how much light is let into the photo lens. So increasing the aperture can brighten up a quick shutter speed.
Exactly what I needed. Thank you!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you missed the BRS live stream today. They will be streaming everyday through the holiday shopping craze. Anyway, They will be randomly pulling orders through the black friday sale period and refunding them up to $500. Also you can simply add things to your cart and if they havent been purchased they will be randomly pulling names from there as well. Must be signed up as a preferred reefer and make sure you are logged in when putting the item(s) in your cart. Maybe one of us gets lucky! :)

Last edited:

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you missed the BRS live stream today. They will be streaming everyday through the holiday shopping craze. Anyway, They will be randomly pulling orders through the black friday sale period and refunding them up to $500. Also you can simply add things to your cart and if they havent been purchased they will be randomly pulling names from there as well. Must be signed up as a preferred reefer and make sure you are logged in when putting the item(s) in your cart. Maybe one of gets lucky! :)
Gotta go fill my cart! I do believe in Santa!

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me Too! I just gotta convince Mrs Claus that I was a good enough boy this year.... Not sure she'll buy it :)
LOL! I’m in the same sled, I mean boat!

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Full frame

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back