Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Easter folks!

Finally worked up some motivation and spent 3 hours this morning trying to piece the rock work back together. Failed miserably.... Even with pictures I couldn’t get it anywhere close to what it was. Should have waited and not done it Easter morning as all it did was anger me. All the SPS I had doing ok are gone. Pulled the skeletons and debated pulling the plug entirely. #Hatingthehobby

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Easter folks!

Finally worked up some motivation and spent 3 hours this morning trying to piece the rock work back together. Failed miserably.... Even with pictures I couldn’t get it anywhere close to what it was. Should have waited and not done it Easter morning as all it did was anger me. All the SPS I had doing ok are gone. Pulled the skeletons and debated pulling the plug entirely. #Hatingthehobby

#spsgraveyard
#getone

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a mini-crash last year, think something got into the tank via little hands that didn’t belong... and pulled out a full 5-gallon bucket of Acro skeletons. Also lost both tangs. It was enough to make me sick.

I was able to save some, luckily, but it puts a damper on your “passion” when something like this happens. We just kind of auto-piloted the tank for a few months while trying to heal our bruised egos lol

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a mini-crash last year, think something got into the tank via little hands that didn’t belong... and pulled out a full 5-gallon bucket of Acro skeletons. Also lost both tangs. It was enough to make me sick.

I was able to save some, luckily, but it puts a damper on your “passion” when something like this happens. We just kind of auto-piloted the tank for a few months while trying to heal our bruised egos lol
Yup, autopilot and tang algae heaven for 6 months.
Didn't shut it down, but didn't do much more than top off, seemed like forever.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Catching up on your thread.
I’m sorry for the loss/disaster. Stay positive and it will come together better then before
Thanks Crabby. Managed to save 7 Fish. Lost every wrasse though... Its really taken the wind from my sails as far as the hobby goes. Ive mostly checked out over the last month just kind of waiting for something to get me excited again. Hasn't really happened yet.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I ever plan to buy one and I realize these are a very rare fish but it really makes me wonder what the true cost can really be with this kind of cost differential.

8C9A5FCC-733E-454C-82B2-415717E20065.png

C66CCDA7-EB6C-43B3-AEF0-A77A9182C743.png

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna post that on @Katrina71 thread. Wow right? I'd rather buy a car or 2 tanks or I could go on all day. Beautiful fish just not $11k
Ive had my suspicions about DD over the last year or two with gouging on certain fish. Wrasses specifically have gone through the roof over there where other suppliers, while still on the high side at times have remained much more reasonable. 11K vs 5K is a pretty dramatic difference where Im sure Michael is still making a good chunk of change.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't go that far. I think what's going on is basically the same with any designer animal/pet. Like some dogs or cats some can go for 5x times their siblings because of coloration, markings size etc...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back