OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow those two look great together! Can’t wait to see them in the display.
Im happy now that the Flame came out of hiding. All 3 fish appear very healthy compared to some Ive received from regular LA - Cali. Ive lost both a Rhomboid and Flame from them in the past within 48 hours of receiving them.

Pintail is one of my favorites for sure. The one I lost to Velvet was the Fairy that started it all for me. Bought as a small female and watched it turn over 2.5 years into a beautiful male.

RIP

89E513D6-552B-4054-84BB-AEA65342A437.jpeg

9AF9DCA7-2696-44AB-B210-539E2A378265.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss my pink margin, I will have another one someday soon. Beautiful one you have there Scurvy!
He sure is pretty! Took a few days for him to settle in but once he did his colors shifted dramatically deeper.

Hows your battle going? Last I saw you had rebooted the display.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's going great! The DT is looking better than ever. Zero fish losses since they went into QT. I have learned a great deal going through all of it. I am still very sad of the losses I had because so many of them were my fav's. But now that I understand the meds and the copper, qt will become a standard process. I told my buddy at the lfs I thought he might have a problem, he disagreed with me. A week later he fessed up and told me he took 5 fish home and lost 4 of the 5 in his tank. Now he wants me to show him how to qt (like I'm an expert...lol). If it wasn't for the fine folks on here I wouldn't have recovered with as many fish as I did.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's going great! The DT is looking better than ever. Zero fish losses since they went into QT. I have learned a great deal going through all of it. I am still very sad of the losses I had because so many of them were my fav's. But now that I understand the meds and the copper, qt will become a standard process. I told my buddy at the lfs I thought he might have a problem, he disagreed with me. A week later he fessed up and told me he took 5 fish home and lost 4 of the 5 in his tank. Now he wants me to show him how to qt (like I'm an expert...lol). If it wasn't for the fine folks on here I wouldn't have recovered with as many fish as I did.
This is great to hear... a little backwards as far as the LFS goes but at least he’s onboard. Hopefully he’s implementing at the shop and not just what he brings home.

Glad you’re happy with the tank!

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But it's on sale.... ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

;Wideyed
52% off they’re claiming!! Ive never purchased from them based on reviews Ive seen but often check to see what they have for stock compared to others...It can sometimes clue me in on what might be appearing soon elsewhere. They MUST be CRAZY!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190610_111800.jpg
Updating for my friend who has not yet recieved his latest haul... ;)

What do we want!?!?
UPDATES!
When do we want them!?
Now!

Utter chaos, sunny D's, Cats Eyes, and Rainbow Infusions will be in ur DT soon, sir.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooked up with another member today to pick up the zoa haul Rich posted above. Great meeting you @thejuice24 and chatting for a few.

From there we swung by an LFS for food. Food and ah, 4 Lyretail Anthias.... yup impulse city. Look quite healthy but we’re isolating them for an observation period anyway. Everythings acclimating as we speak so pics will have to wait.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back