OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bound to be flowing over that eurobrace by now!
Woke up at 6:30 to the sound of water.... jumped up, felll down the stairs scaring the crap out of the dog.... found the sump starting to fill. Maybe a couple gallons of water at that point.

There was a small amount of water leaking inside the stand but it was pitch black and I had just concussed myself from the roll down the stairs so I couldnt see where it was coming from.

Shut off the water, cleaned up the mess and went back to bed. Once the coffees done Ill give it a look. Hopefully just a loose union!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least you didn't discover the leak on a Monday morning. :( Hope it is something simple to fix.

I have done the head over heels tumble down a flight of stairs. No fun! Hope you are ok. Thank goodness I was full of adult beverages at the time. Just bruised my heel on the not too graceful landing.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last year I broke my foot in 3 places and 2 in my fibula. In the process I managed to bust my nose and both lips. No adult beverage, no stairs. I didn't go to the doctor until a week later when my foot turned black. Yes, it was as graceful as it sounds.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I broke my foot in 3 places and 2 in my fibula. In the process I managed to bust my nose and both lips. No adult beverage, no stairs. I didn't go to the doctor until a week later when my foot turned black. Yes, it was as graceful as it sounds.
Amazing what we’ll put off to avoid a trip to urgent care! I woulda waited for gang green to set in im sure. My last trip to urgent care for what i assumed would be a script of antibiotics wound up being a collapsed lung leading to multiple surgeries. Fun stuff!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least you didn't discover the leak on a Monday morning. :( Hope it is something simple to fix.

I have done the head over heels tumble down a flight of stairs. No fun! Hope you are ok. Thank goodness I was full of adult beverages at the time. Just bruised my heel on the not too graceful landing.
Thanks, luckily no major injuries. Maybe a bruised tailbone as it was more a slip than tumble. :)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing what we’ll put off to avoid a trip to urgent care! I woulda waited for gang green to set in im sure. My last trip to urgent care for what i assumed would be a script of antibiotics wound up being a callopsed lung leading to multiple surgeries. Fun stuff!
Lol. I worked for 3 days with mine. We may be related.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i drained the sump, pulled it out amd dried up the rest of the water that worked underneath the sump. Re-installed and tightened up the unions. The main drain union was fairly loose before and the valve was closed so hopefully thats all it was.

Waters running again. Should be just a couple hours

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a 1 inch check valve sitting around so I decided to add it in. Never used one before but figure this will allow me to point my return nozzles where ever I want without worrying.

44F73E40-0DCE-4806-8EAB-7D7A9029C3AA.jpeg

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you’ve had an eventful morning! Hahaha

You’re missing your skimmer cup! Haha have you noticed how hard the lid for the cup is to clean. Junk gets caught between the two pieces of plastic.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you’ve had an eventful morning! Hahaha

You’re missing your skimmer cup! Haha have you noticed how hard the lid for the cup is to clean. Junk gets caught between the two pieces of plastic.

Yes! I hate that lid!!! You can pull a wet paper towel through and get close but never get out all the junk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because they give a false sense of security and then they fail. Something gets stuck in there or just gets stuck.
Got it. This one happens to be clear with unions so ill be able to keep an eye on it amd replace if needed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back