Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? Such a thing exists? I went crazy for 2 weeks trying to find just the right hose. I have a braided one right now that seals 98% with the tightest hose clamp [emoji35]

AMEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? Such a thing exists? I went crazy for 2 weeks trying to find just the right hose. I have a braided one right now that seals 98% with the tightest hose clamp [emoji35]

I also changed the top adaptor for one I found in Home Depot.
70c1cc94ad73ec5b7b522b620a242edd.jpg

I’m using 3/4” silicone hose from brs.

jk3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I just set up a second hand reefer 350 however accidentally cracked the emergency drain pipe tube. It's unable to be glued back together and red sea says a replacement is 3 months away! does anyone know of any replacements i could purchase? Or alternatively has any changed the proprietary drain tubes at the bottom of the overflow to be like a normal drilled tank?

Thanks

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I just set up a second hand reefer 350 however accidentally cracked the emergency drain pipe tube. It's unable to be glued back together and red sea says a replacement is 3 months away! does anyone know of any replacements i could purchase? Or alternatively has any changed the proprietary drain tubes at the bottom of the overflow to be like a normal drilled tank?

Thanks

I know someone who took their whole overflow out, and sealed the bottom with another pane of glass. They then drilled and attached a Shadow overflow kit instead. A few upsides: you can use whatever plumbing you want, you have more space without an internal overflow.

gammarho55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8361ADED-1FDB-42F3-BF39-3BD0481497A7.jpeg
793DA5AF-7DC1-4AB4-9072-63CBCF9DE413.jpeg
1FD4C396-97C2-458D-866A-E7433FB13815.jpeg
RED SEA REEFER 350 2 years old. :)
Was planning on mounting a DJ strip similar to your photo... How'd you go about mounting it to the side wall? Screws from opposite side thru to wood blocks, or were you able to find an actual mount that works? Thanks.

M4rtin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run into a little problem, emergency drain pipe is leaking.
Any tips ?

gammarho55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figure I should join in on all this fun you guys are having, as I just purchased a XL 425. Come checkout my new build thread and let me know what you all think of my equipment list so far, and if there's anything I'm forgetting. Have already gotten a lot of inspiration from this thread, and I'm only on page 109 ;) . Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the knowledge sharing.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/gammarho55s-rsr-xl-425-build.347454/

20171230_125755.jpg
20171231_084343.jpg

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was planning on mounting a DJ strip similar to your photo... How'd you go about mounting it to the side wall? Screws from opposite side thru to wood blocks, or were you able to find an actual mount that works? Thanks.
Hello
I used screws going from the inside out into the wood. I’m not crazy about drilling my cabinet but those holes will never show unless you tuck your head in there purposely looking for them.

reefpulp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been lurking on this forum for a while and now I am in need of some advice. I have a RSR350 and am wanting to convert to the Triton method. I have a few questions. I have the ability to do a remote refugium in the room behind my tank. I'm planning on using a 20 gallon tank. Should I do an easier setup and run the fuge off a tee from the return line or should I route the overflow drain from the DT directly into the remote fuge? If I do that, do I just re route just the primary drain or the primary and the emergency drain? (I am a noob to plumbing but have learned a lot reading on R2R and BRS) How important is it that the refugium is before the skimmer and return when running Triton? Will dosing into the return chamber be a problem?
Also, I will need to upgrade my return pump. I currently have the Sicce 5.0 and have been happy with it but I will need more flow to run a manifold and the remote refugium. Would adding a second Sicce 5.0 be too much flow and create too much back pressure? I am considering the more expensive option of using a larger DC pump such as Varios 6 or 8; Sicce 7 or 9; Eco Tech m1. Any advice is appreciated, I'm fairly new to the hobby but I'm not broke yet.

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know what people with the reefer 525xl are doing for external skimmer collection? the sump that comes with the tank albeit nice and functional leaves zero room to put some sort of collection container that's connected to the skimmer collection cup to prevent overflowing back into the sump. As far as I know my only option is to drill into the stand a hole lower than the collection cup for gravity to allow it to drain into a container that unfortunately will have to be housed somewhere other than the sump part of the stand.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please tell me what size hose clamp (plastic one) will be needed for the return line that will connect to my return pump on a reefer 525

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know what people with the reefer 525xl are doing for external skimmer collection? the sump that comes with the tank albeit nice and functional leaves zero room to put some sort of collection container that's connected to the skimmer collection cup to prevent overflowing back into the sump. As far as I know my only option is to drill into the stand a hole lower than the collection cup for gravity to allow it to drain into a container that unfortunately will have to be housed somewhere other than the sump part of the stand.
I just empty the cup

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great tanks!

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
750xxl about 7mo in. Waiting on my reef brite xho to arrive. Also installing 18g reservoir with osmolator asap to replace the Red Sea top off. 17g or so should last me almost two weeks. Just started dosing sodium nitrate to get the nitrates up as the biopellets were stripping too much out. IMG_3699.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back