Let's see some more.

017.jpg

004.jpg

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Brazilian banana eel coming next Tuesday. It has always been my dream eel. He has plenty of large black blotches all over him. Ill post pictures when he comes in.

Lastblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More recent photos of my 15 year old Moray ( a guess on the age beings it has been with me for 13 or so years and it was good size when I got it) . I know, the tank isn't perfect but sometimes its best not to have a sterile environment. I have wanted to add more fish to this tank but I have found through the years of owning multiple fish tanks everything from 55 gallon hex, 55 gallon standard, 180 standard and this 270 gallon tank that if you add fish usually something bad happens.
This one is an example of how long they can live even with a amateur person like myself taking care of them.

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

Lastblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is that a tessellata? He looks about 30 inches? Nice!!!!

Yes its a Tessellata and no its more like 4 feet. It out grew a 180 gallon tank 13 or so years ago and that's how I ended up with it. I feed it good size whole fish that I pick up at Asian fish markets. Always grabs them by the head to swallow them whole. It only eats fish in one direction.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its a Tessellata and no its more like 4 feet. It out grew a 180 gallon tank 13 or so years ago and that's how I ended up with it. I feed it good size whole fish that I pick up at Asian fish markets. Always grabs them by the head to swallow them whole. It only eats fish in one direction.
Very cool!!!

ZanclusKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my ribbon that I have had for 3 months. Originally fed him goldfish/minnows and was able to recently get him to eat pellets and freezed dried krill.

Holdbar7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me more about your banded eel please? I'm looking at it versus another one which is black and white banded. Is it out during the day much? What do you feed it? Is it aggressive at all?

Doesn't come out much during the day unless it's feeding time. Feed frozen krill. And he is non-agressive. Often the trigger or tang will try to steal his food off the stick and he will just back up.
20180301_123552.jpg

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woooow hugee
More recent photos of my 15 year old Moray ( a guess on the age beings it has been with me for 13 or so years and it was good size when I got it) . I know, the tank isn't perfect but sometimes its best not to have a sterile environment. I have wanted to add more fish to this tank but I have found through the years of owning multiple fish tanks everything from 55 gallon hex, 55 gallon standard, 180 standard and this 270 gallon tank that if you add fish usually something bad happens.
This one is an example of how long they can live even with a amateur person like myself taking care of them.

Huge.... What u feed him with?

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trylly enjoy every video and picture posted here ....wow it's all I can say, I'm impressed with some eels they are really big specially one that got feed a fish about 6 inches big , i didn;t realized that some of this eels can grow as big.... I better do my research better before getting an eel , thanks every one for such special photos.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will give you a better Idea on the size of my 15 + year old eel and what I feed it. Its nice not to have to chop things up and just feed it whole fish. I use a strobe light now to get it to eat. Seems to be working 100 percent of the time and I am wasting less fish.

IMG_3806_jpeg.jpg IMG_3808_jpeg.jpg IMG_3811_jpeg.jpg IMG_3821_jpeg.jpg
So it's head is 8 inches?? How big is the tank? Is he the only one in there?

Lastblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's head is 8 inches?? How big is the tank? Is he the only one in there?

The tank is almost 300 gallons. Been alone for around 10 years. I did have another eel with it 11 or so years ago. It was a large white mouth moray. It died mysteriously. They lived together for a few years and would wrap around each other and just hang out. Would probably eat anything I put in there now. I think 10 or so years ago I put a large Picasso fish in there and it ended up disappearing. Sometimes I put Live clams in there with it. Steamer clams you get from the store.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back