Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 3.35.26 PM.png

Here's my eel

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't stop watching this video below !!!

I spoke with people while recovering from a heart attack. My surgeon watched yours like four times throughout the day and brought others as well. One nurse screamed and ran out of my room ! lol...

I love the
I can't stop watching this video !!!
I spoke with people while recovering from a heart attack. My surgeon watched yours like four times throughout the day and brought others as well. One nurse screamed and ran out of my room ! lol...

I love,...the symbiotic relationship's on the reefs, like the cleaner wrasse, shrimps, clown & anemone, etc.

We've had Clowns with Anemone's for a long time, and maybe this year, we want to build a 93g. Clown & Anemone harem home.

Anyway, my wife and I enjoyed a Ribbon Eel for two years until a Anemone zapped him in his head. We felt do bad and still do.
His tank was near our sliding glass door, facing the east, so every morning he would swim his laps. We loved watching him and Have it on video. He's only the second loved that was so special, that we buried in our garden. The other was a Clown Trigger.

We are building a in-wall 125g mixed reef, and would like a Eel, but with several small fish, we're afraid they'd be dinner. If we made it as a predatory tank, that we be cool for an Eel.

I wish there was a Eel that could be in a tank with small fish.

Here is a short video clip of my Tess, enjoy!

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much those eals goes for

Around $100, the black ribbon is the juvenile form of the blue ribbon, the blue form is the male, then they turn green which is female. They are very difficult, he has now been turning blue for what seems like a year now.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We bought our Blue Ribbon at a low cost, as they are hard to get to eat. Ours ate the next day. He was about a foot long.
The hardest problem we had, was getting food small enough to fit in his very... small mouth. I had to cut a silverside in half.

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, finally I made a decision regarding my eel.... I have a snowflake eel, also I have what it's call engineer goby that looks more like a muray eel to me than a goby... I had to separate my govt from the 92 gallon tank as I notice some chopped edges on the govt, I only can think it's the eel that it's been causing this on the govt, does anyone knows if this is possible, eels and govt does not get along or can no be put together?...Here's the pictures.

IMG_20190112_020638.jpg

IMG_20190112_020650.jpg

IMG_20190103_191233.jpg

stevepaynr84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, finally I made a decision regarding my eel.... I have a snowflake eel, also I have what it's call engineer goby that looks more like a muray eel to me than a goby... I had to separate my govt from the 92 gallon tank as I notice some chopped edges on the govt, I only can think it's the eel that it's been causing this on the govt, does anyone knows if this is possible, eels and govt does not get along or can no be put together?...Here's the pictures.

IMG_20190112_020638.jpg

IMG_20190112_020650.jpg

IMG_20190103_191233.jpg
I have 2 of these gobies and a snowflake eel and have no aggression between them at all. To be honest i wish the eel would eat them!

stevepaynr84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is that?
I hate them they're absolute nightmares! My own fault as should've researched them first but my 5 year old son (Although he was 3 at the time) wanted them and I couldn't/Didn't say no. All they do is dig and dig and dig. I can no longer have any sand (or low) corals as they make it their mission to kill them by burying them non stop. This has resulted in some costly deaths. But hey like I say my own fault I just wish I didn't have them is all.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back