Sicce voyager pumps and controller. Experience?

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up 2 voyager 4s and a controller from my LFS for a very good price. I did some research before the purchase and they seem like good pumps.

They will specifically be used in the back of my 93 cube to keep detritus in the water column using an alternating pump on/off between the two.

The main flow in the tank will be taken care of by a gyre.

Really just looking for peoples experiences with these.

Thanks!

Medic755

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used them personally. I use the smaller sicce pumps. But from what I understand about them they'll last longer due to internal programming that they always start the correct direction not utilizing a mechanical means to reverse direction.

OP
OP
Holy_makerel

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used them personally. I use the smaller sicce pumps. But from what I understand about them they'll last longer due to internal programming that they always start the correct direction not utilizing a mechanical means to reverse direction.

That is on the prop pump. One step up from the voyager 4. These are run with an impeller and it will work correctly running either way so they will never run in reverse.

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the smaller ones, lasted a long time, but not a ton of flow for main pumps, so if you're looking for supplemental flow probably a good choice. They were the bit larger than the DC pumps, but otherwise was pleased with their ease of cleaning and life span. The magnet on the part inside the tank eventually started to rust, so I sprayed it with some spray paint on the inside. For now they're backup pumps on the qt tank. I replaced them with Jebaos which have done nicely for the short time I've had them.

OP
OP
Holy_makerel

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the smaller ones, lasted a long time, but not a ton of flow for main pumps, so if you're looking for supplemental flow probably a good choice. They were the bit larger than the DC pumps, but otherwise was pleased with their ease of cleaning and life span. The magnet on the part inside the tank eventually started to rust, so I sprayed it with some spray paint on the inside. For now they're backup pumps on the qt tank. I replaced them with Jebaos which have done nicely for the short time I've had them.

Thanks for the input!, yes, these are not going to be the main pumps. I'm going with 1 or 2 icecap gyre's. These will be used in the back to help keep detritus from collecting. I'll keep an eye on the magnets. Thats a bummer to hear about.

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was the second owner, so they might have been 3 or 4 years old... Also I had left them in bleach overnight, so maybe that could have caused it, or physical damage. Only one had this issue, so it may not be normal, and is easy to see. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back